VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my co-workers just finished telling me a very interesting story about something that recently happened to a friend of hers. Her friend is married, with no kids, and they live out in the countryside. They (the friend and her husband) woke up one morning to discover that their barbecue had been stolen.

The following day the thief returned with it, along with a couple of Blue Jay tickets as an apology for stealing the BBQ (for anyone who doesnt know, the Blue Jays are a baseball team in Toronto the couple live about 2.5 hours from Toronto).

Deciding to make use of the tickets, the couple went to Toronto to watch the game. When they returned home they discovered that the thief had returned while they were gone, and cleaned them out.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
wow, I'd like to think I wouldn't fall for something like that, but hey, who knows. I think I would be more likely to buy it if the guy was like, my son or my brother stole this, I'm really sorry, on behalf of the family I would like to apologize........blah blah. I don't think I would buy that the guy just happend to feel bad and decided to bring a gift.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wow, it sounds like either there's a very smart criminal, or it's someone that knows them somehow. How did this individual *know* that they'd use the tickets? S/he was either watching the house (creepy) or broke in not knowing if anyone was home.

I would have given the tickets away and sat VERY conspicuously on my front porch with a shotgun, but that's just me being paranoid.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
That is BRILLIANT! Make sure people are going to be away for a few hours, then clean them out. Crap. What a great scam! What will they think of next!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts