VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am once again trying my hardest to become vegetarian. I have been so about a month and a half. I have been trying since elementary school and it is something I want more than anything. It is hard for me because I get cravings. For some people it is easy, I envy those people.

I have been doing well on my food choices and always try new recipes. I am mainly here for the sense of community to keep me focused. I am taking baby steps at the moment and going Vegetarian, not vegan. That would be the next step after. If I do it all at once it will be too much and more than likely, I will fall off the wagon so to speak.

I hope I can find a lot of support here. It is good to see such a positive forum for expression and a feeling of community. I look forward to meeting all kinds of great people

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I wish you great luck! If you have a craving think about why you are veg. I find it helps to go to the PETA website. And is that you in your avatar? You look a lot like someone I know.

·
Banned
4,482 Posts
Well Magic,

You are doing just fine , taking it slow and not going cold turkey(excuse the expression) .

You are right about falling of the band wagon as you call it its a bit of a
act to deal with past impressions of the old taste buds , but in time they will go maybe eat a little meat or what ever now and then to keep your balance .

By the sound of it you now the direction you want to go

have fun

·
Registered
12 Posts
I respect your dedication to keep on trying. For me I can't imagine eating meat again after the videos I've seen - maybe they would help?....I can relate though with cravings because I am trying to become vegan but find that there are a lot of cravings especially for cheese or desserts that are hard to pass up. Keep up the good work and welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know most people do not post a pic of myself...but oh what the heck. I pretty much do as all have suggested. I visit web sites that give me a good slap in the face so to speak. I also think of it too when I am not near a computer. There is also this great song by Madison Park called Opus One about the suffering of animals in factory farms.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts