VeggieBoards banner

A new lifestyle :)

678 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  chryssiie718 
#1 ·
I became a vegetarian only a couple months ago. It is a funny story actually, I work at an outdoor store full of meat eating manly man types.. however there are 4 vegetarians. At lunch everyday I would ask them questions, it got to the point that when I thought about eating meat I felt sick and couldn't even smell it. I am the kind of person that loves to research and I knew that if I was going to do this I was going to do this right and know all of the health and environmental and cruelty reasons to become a vegetarian. After reading many books and watching videos on slaughterhouses and factory farms there was no doubt in my mind to change my lifestyle. At first I didn't think I could become vegan but this week I read some articles on the horrors of the dairy industry and it opened my eyes! People don't realize that the process of diary farming is just as cruel and unhealthy as eating the animal itself. I'm in it for the long haul this time, I just hope that I do not have too hard a time with my family, friends and boyfriend not understanding.

#5 ·
Hello and welcome! I also have a vegetarian coworker to "blame" for my decision to become a vegetarian. I recently got back into touch with her and she no longer is a vegetarian... but when she found out she inspired me those 17 years ago it has her reconsidering her current way of eating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.