VeggieBoards banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, though I have no problem with anyone who chooses to pursue that dietary ethic as a lifestyle. I am troubled, however, by how many vegans and vegetarians just assume that they are part of the political Left, when there are so many reactionary undercurrents that inform their ideology. Recently I wrote [link removed] offering a leftist critique of the ideology of “Green” environmentalism, deep ecology, eco-feminism, and lifestyle politics in general (veganism, “dumpster diving,” “buying organic,” "locavorism," etc.). I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter and any responses you might have to its criticisms. You can post your thoughts on it either here or over there. Sorry to double-post this back on the Vegan forum, too. I'm just interested in some feedback. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I dont see anything "bourgeois" about caring about other people and animals, and not wanting to waste things, and wanting to look after the environment.<br><br>
Oh and I have very little money, so I am not part of the bougeois class.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Ever see a wheat penny?<br><br>
Oh, never mind. Mister Thesaurus has been banned I see. I'll have to respond on his blog.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Didn't see much in the way of an actual argument being made in the article. Lots of big words and a snooty attitude, definitely. Stating of some obvious facts, yes. But when you string that stuff together, it still doesn't make a case. Kind of like an overly ambitious fluff piece.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
"Hi.<br><br>
I'm a new member who just registered, with no malicious intentions and no connection whatsoever to any other member.<br><br>
I noticed that another member -- entirely distinct from myself, mind you -- posted this great thread but was banned. Anyway, I have no relation to that person at all (the least of all a relation of being the same person!!) but I just wanted u guys to say what u thought about his arguments."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.