VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, is it possible to grow some things in my dorm? I live on the first floor and i just wanted to grow some stuff. It's a relaxing hobby especially with all the stress of school. what would you recomend i grow?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Indoor foliage plants.

Sorry but not much else would grow unless you can install special lighting and such.

If your dorm is anything like mine was then it would only have one small window

Wandering Jew is a pretty plant and will grow inside, spider plants etc.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Oh you could also take up a bonsi hobby, a good amount of tree's will grow OK in those conditions and require quite a bit of care

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Herbs in a window box. Or flowers if you don't enjoy cooking. Daisies are pretty and hard to kill.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Since this thread has already started, I have my own dorm plant problem:

I brought a small cactus from home and I'm a little worried about keeping it on the windowsill because it's getting cold outside. The window is closed, but it's still very cool there. Would that hurt it?

To the OP: I used to have a peace lily in my bedroom and I bought a plant lightbulb at Sam's Club that fit into a regular reading lamp. You're not going to have enough room to do anything extensive, but that's an idea if you need better light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.