VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Albuquerque visiting dear giancoli this weekend and we found a fantastic restaurant. It is called Huong Thao - WONDERFUL Vietnamese food. Very casual and about 8 bucks a plate. Serve meat, but vegan friendly (very).

I hope others will write about other fantastic (Vegan or Vegan friendly) restaurants in cities all over the world in this thread...

·
Registered
0 Posts
There's a good one that is vegan friendly in Cleveland called "Ho Wood." For every meat category they have a veggie dish, too. Even have veggie spring rolls and veggie soup.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Next time you're in the great Southwest, Flagstaff, AZ, has an amazing coffee house and veg*n restaurant called Macy's (http://www.macyscoffee.com/). I want to make a weekend out of going up there to see the Grand Canyon again, hiking the forests, and hanging out at Macy's the entire time.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Austin, Texas:

Veggie Heaven restaurant is great! Healthy and delicious...very casual and inexpensive. "A-" All vegetarian (possibly all vegan)

New York City:

Angelica Kitchen has a pretty casual (but wonderful) atmosphere and delicious home style healthy food. "A+" ALL VEGAN

Also in NY City:

Vegetarian's Paradise 2

Delicious Chinese food. I was told nearly everything is vegan.

I give it an "A"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Last weekend hubby and me dined at the 'Zen Palate', an almost vegan restaurant in the lower east side Manhattan. We loved it.......very elegant and lovely food
. I still have to check Angelica Kitchen and Lucky's Juice Joint out(maybe next weekend).

BTW, what do y'all think about McDonald's McVeggie burger......i'm kinda scared to try it out..............

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Pizza Luce--

They have an entire page of Vegetarian pizzas and half of a page for Vegan sandwiches. All of their pizza cheeses can be replaced with soy cheese for a small fee (I'm thinking it was about a dollar extra).

If you are vegan (which I am), simply ask for a vegetarian pizza 'vegan'. They all know and understand what that means- and they don't ask questions.

Last time I was there, I ordered the 'Margarita' pizza. It had sun dried tomatoes, basil, bianca sauce (garlic/herb.. no diary), and soy cheese. It was AMAZING.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by happinez

Last weekend hubby and me dined at the 'Zen Palate', an almost vegan restaurant in the lower east side Manhattan. We loved it.......very elegant and lovely food
. I still have to check Angelica Kitchen and Lucky's Juice Joint out(maybe next weekend).

BTW, what do y'all think about McDonald's McVeggie burger......i'm kinda scared to try it out..............
Couldn't tell you. They wouldn't test it in the L.A. market, which I think is stupid. But who am I?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankittykat View Post

Moby's place is called "Teany". I haven't been there yet....but I plan on trying it someday.
Yes...as in Tea NY City...it's not vegan
it's vegetarian

·
Registered
0 Posts
Speaking of Cleveland, Ohio, there is an all vegan, organic, place called Web Of Life, I love that place. You folks are so fortunate to have a place like that:

25923 Detroit Road (Westlake)

440-899-2882

With an option like that, there isn't a need to go anywhere but there for the folks in Cleveland.

Chicago has a ton of places. I have only been to Chicago Diner, which is an amazing veggie/vegan spot, and Soul Vegetarian, which still used honey in some of their dishes when I visited (since then they have gone 100% vegan). Soul Vegetarian has a lot of the greasy vegan "comfort" food available.

In Indianapolis, we have about 6 decent options:

The two Wild Oats locations have veggie and vegan friendly dishes daily.

Georgetown Market, they have great vegan food options daily and the best vegan cake anywhere.

Gardens Cafe, they are a vegetarian spot and vegan friendly. They do use honey in a lot of their dishes (even in their curry tofu, ???, strange) and they use it in their smoothies, too (I get them honey free). I've suggested o them that they should use a better, vegan option like brown rice syrup, maple syrup, or agave nectar.

Chaat House, they are a vegetarian, Indian (Indian food is damn near the best out of all ethnic foods) spot and more than half of their dishes are vegan, and labled as such at the daily lunch buffet (which is only $5.00!).

Udipi Cafe, they are a vegetarian, Indian spot, too. They have many vegan options only they don't label their dishes at their buffet as such. You have to always ask the wait staff what is vegan and what is not.

I want to check out the Zen Garden in Louisville. It is an all vegan, organic, Thai restaurant.

If you go here: www.happycow.net you can search for veggie friendly spots all over the world.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh yeah, I used to live in Buffalo, NY. Their is a place called Pizza Planet which offers vegan options like spinach bread bowl soy chili, soy cheese pizzas and calzones (they call them pizza pods), soups, and salads. They also have a large micro brew bar for those into that. Rochester is about 60 miles east of Buffalo and they have an all vegan spot and a few veggie spots. I never had the opportunity to visit them before moving away as I just found out about them. Toronto, about 80 miles north of Buffalo has a lot of options, too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
TRANGS Vietnamese IN TAMPA, FL

has like 4 pages of vegan food, full wonderful meals. The Vegan curry soup is the best food I'v ever had. Plus most of the desserts are vegan, like vegan run choclate cheese cake, vegan carrot cake, vegan coconut tapocia, vegan mung bean shake,,,,,

yes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts