VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how long does falafel stay good in the fridge (uncooked)?

Is blackstrap molassas the same as regular molassas? If not, what's the difference?

Thanks.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't know the answer to the first question but to answer the second question blackstrap molasses and regular molasses are very different. Blackstrap molasses and other types of malasses are made from sugar cane but blackstrap has the nutrients more concentrated because it's sugar has been extracted 3 times. The other types of molasses are the results of sugar being extracted only 1 or 2 times. So blackstrap molasses is less sweet and MUCH higher in nutrients.

If you are having trouble finding blackstrap where you live you can try looking for it in bulk at a healthfoods stores. It's much cheaper that way where I live. I found blackstrap molasses for $3 US/pound at an ordinary store. I was pleasantly surprised to find it for $0.95/pound at a healthfoods cooperative.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Falafel is mostly beans, which are supposed to stay good for 5 days in the fridge. I don't know if this holds true with all the other stuff added in but it seems like a good guide.

Brandy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts