VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typical stuff and not repeated exactly as said.<br><br><br><br>
Them: So what's wrong with you.<br><br>
Me: I suffer from a rare disease that involves energy and protien metabolism issues.<br><br>
Them: What?<br><br>
Me: In simple terms it's an anemic like disease.<br><br>
Them: OH...anemia ( now they think they have me figured out) You need red meat for anemia.<br><br>
Me: Explains once again that I prefer a naturisitc type diet appropriote to my species.<br><br>
Them: Meat feels natural to me.<br><br>
Me: Since I don't have claws,sharp teeth and hunting instincts, it's not natural for me ( don't feel like going into details that they are the same species or ask if they have sparp teeth and claws.)<br><br>
Them: If I stop eating meat a few days I get sick.<br><br>
Me: Then I guess you must have a health condition that requires meat.<br><br>
Them: Nope...meat is good for you.<br><br>
Me: I agree despite not being a natural food for our species, meat is healthy.<br><br><br><br>
Yes it's the usual illogical bit from the random omni. They cannot depart from their cultural upbringing to think logically.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Traditional Chinese Medicine uses meat as 'medicine'. It, like all other foods, has certain properties which can be beneficial to us. I study TCM. My instructors and fellow students are skeptical of veg*ns. There are those, myself included, who think it isnt necessary. . . I hear Shaolin monks are vegan,.. what do they eat?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Our ancestors almost certainly ate meat. We are descended from omnivores. I would not use the 'natural argument' to promote veganism. Instead I'd use an ethical appeal. I stopped eating meat because I didn't feel like paying other people to confine animals in tiny cages and kill them for my benefit. I don't have to pretend it's some super diet or completely natural. It's more in line with my ethics and principles than a meat based diet. I'm a gentle and thoughtful person.

11,550 Posts
holy 3 year old thread bounce batman. jernord, the OP hasn't been around for almost 3 years- i doubt she's gonna respond, nor that she knows much about the diet of monks. you may do better to start your own new thread on the topic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If this form had a 'like' or an 'upvote' button, your response would have just earned a point from me. Well said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts