VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Wanted to share this great 7 day plan that I love. Anyone ever try this before?
Enjoy my pictures!

Daily Schedule:

First juice 9 am

4 leaves kale
1/2 cucumber
1 lemon or lime, peeled
1 green apple cored
1/2 inch fresh ginger, skin removed
pinch of cayenne spice (on top just before drinking)

2nd juice 12 pm - Proteins

4 stalks celery
1 cucumber
4 kale leaves
1 lemon
1 green apple cored
1 red bell pepper
2 T raw chlorella liquid or powder, spirulina or hemp powder(I'm using Chlorella)

3rd juice 3 pm - Sweets

2 apples
1 bunch dark grapes
1 beet
1/4 grapefruit
1/2 lemon

4th juice 6 pm - Liver Detox

3 stalks celery
1/2 small red cabbage
1/2 cup aloe vera juice
1/2 bunch dandelions (I used 2 - 3 capsules)
1/2 cucumber
1 large green apple, cored
1 lime

If you decide to do this let me know!

P.S. Stephen Hauptfuh created this plan for Brad Gruno(Brad's Raw Chips) and Brad shared it with his fans.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I dunno but those juices look delicious.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
They look beautiful! I wish I had a small sampling of them all now, a flight of juices in 4 oz. tasters!

·
Registered
195 Posts
DROOLING.

I was just thinking about buying a juicer (maybe even tomorrow, if I'm that impatient) and you've encouraged me. Yea!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Those all look amazing. I wish I could taste them...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Went out and got a ton of fruit and veggies last night. Spent an hour cutting/washing/juicing them and put them in carry away containers for work and school today (it is my 15 hour day). YUM! I find that Kale doesn't juice too well for me. And your juice looks much prettier than mine! lol. But it is delicious!

·
Registered
40 Posts
wow i would really love to try it.looks delicious. my husband wants to detox using fruit juices and i'm sure he will be thrilled if i give him one of those healthy drinks. thanks for sharing the recipe and the pics.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, hope you get to try this plan at least once..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade903 View Post

Went out and got a ton of fruit and veggies last night. Spent an hour cutting/washing/juicing them and put them in carry away containers for work and school today (it is my 15 hour day). YUM! I find that Kale doesn't juice too well for me. And your juice looks much prettier than mine! lol. But it is delicious!
The apple masks kale SO well, what do you juice your kale with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_shades View Post

wow i would really love to try it.looks delicious. my husband wants to detox using fruit juices and i'm sure he will be thrilled if i give him one of those healthy drinks. thanks for sharing the recipe and the pics.
No prob! The only juice that wasn't as tasty was the one with the chlorella powder, so I suggest using liquid chlorella if you are planning on trying this detox..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a few more juices I've made for your enjoyment!!

"Army Green Smoothie"

Ingredients:

* 2 Kale Leaves
* 3 Celery Stalks
* 1 Cucumber
* 1 Large Apple
* 3 Medium Carrots
* Handful of Spinach
* Bunch of fresh Cilantro and Parsley
* Fresh Ginger (1in x 1in slice or more)

Lots of yummmmm.

"Spicy and Tangy Breakfast Juice"

Ingredients:

* 1 Mango
* 1 Medium Orange
* 1/2 Lime
* Ginger (about 2in x 2in)

LOVE this one. So delicious.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How much juice do you drink a day? I was looking into doing this but I don't want to drink too much and take in too many calories!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by apegg23 View Post

How much juice do you drink a day? I was looking into doing this but I don't want to drink too much and take in too many calories!
Now that I work all day I don't drink as much juice.
If you stick to veggie juices you don't need to worry about calories or carbs! (unless you're juicing a lot of cucumbers, those have a decent amount of carbs). If youre replacing a whole meal with juice then I wouldn't worry about calorie intake. When I do get a chance to juice, it's usually fruit juices for breakfast. Such a great energy boost.
I'm actually thinking of making fresh juice in the evening, so I have it ready for morning; could probably make a "lunch juice" as well and refrigerate it at work if I wanted to detox.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohemgee View Post

Now that I work all day I don't drink as much juice.
If you stick to veggie juices you don't need to worry about calories or carbs! (unless you're juicing a lot of cucumbers, those have a decent amount of carbs). If youre replacing a whole meal with juice then I wouldn't worry about calorie intake. When I do get a chance to juice, it's usually fruit juices for breakfast. Such a great energy boost.
I'm actually thinking of making fresh juice in the evening, so I have it ready for morning; could probably make a "lunch juice" as well and refrigerate it at work if I wanted to detox.
How much fruit and veggies do you buy if you plan on doing this a week? My husband and I are wanting to do this, but we want to make sure we get enough food.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your juice detox is worth a try! It looks yummy!
Anyways, juice detox is best to be combined with much water on all days of detox because it could help remove toxins too.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Mmmmm... The mango one looks super delicious. I really love mangos. Makes me want a juicer even more!

·
Registered
966 Posts
My brother is going to be going on a juice fast very soon. He was really inspired by that, "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" documentary. He has a lot of weight to loose, and we're both pretty confident juice fasting will help him a lot. We may use some of these recipes. They look great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

My brother is going to be going on a juice fast very soon. He was really inspired by that, "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" documentary. He has a lot of weight to loose, and we're both pretty confident juice fasting will help him a lot. We may use some of these recipes. They look great.
That is great news! I hope you enjoy them
. and good luck to him!! You will be surprised by how quickly the weight will come off!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts