VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anthony Constantinou | Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says Holiday Cranberry Sauce:

Place fresh cranberries and water in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.

Wrap cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in a spice bag. Place in the water with cranberries.

Cook until cranberries begin to burst for about 10 minutes. Stir in sugar and reduce to low heat.

Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow cooling. Discard spice bag. Chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anthony Constantinou | Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says Holiday Cranberry Sauce:

Place fresh cranberries and water in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.

Wrap cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in a spice bag. Place in the water with cranberries.

Cook until cranberries begin to burst for about 10 minutes. Stir in sugar and reduce to low heat.

Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow cooling. Discard spice bag. Chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.
Thanks for responding, sharing. Appreciated.

You know, I never thought of making my own cranberry sauce. Great idea! Bet it tastes spectacular.

I live in Jersey. Big cranberry producing state. Weird, because I think folks think of North Jersey as the entirety of the state. But South Jersey is totally different and still a lot of great food comes from there.

I worked in one veggie restaurant and two natural foods bakeries. Things have come a long, long way since I was a kid in the 1960s. Back then, a lot of health food tasted almost as good as old cardboard. Not quite as tasty as cardboard, but close...

Oh, there was HORRIBLE stuff in health food stores back then.

Now there is an entire gourmet movement within health foods, veggie foods. It's all great.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Hope you and yours had a nice Holiday Season!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for responding, sharing. Appreciated.

You know, I never thought of making my own cranberry sauce. Great idea! Bet it tastes spectacular.

I live in Jersey. Big cranberry producing state. Weird, because I think folks think of North Jersey as the entirety of the state. But South Jersey is totally different and still a lot of great food comes from there.

I worked in one veggie restaurant and two natural foods bakeries. Things have come a long, long way since I was a kid in the 1960s. Back then, a lot of health food tasted almost as good as old cardboard. Not quite as tasty as cardboard, but close...

Oh, there was HORRIBLE stuff in health food stores back then.

Now there is an entire gourmet movement within health foods, veggie foods. It's all great.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Hope you and yours had a nice Holiday Season!
Thanks for appreciating, Hope you and yours also had a great Holiday Season!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, I've looked at some of the recipes, and I think they're great. I love making something like this because there aren't many restaurants or stores where you can find vegan meals like this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts