VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"WASHINGTON (Nov. 24) - An Ohio-based company is recalling 46,941 pounds of turkey and ham products that officials fear could cause listeriosis, a potentially fatal disease, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said on Friday.

HoneyBaked Foods Inc. is voluntarily recalling the meat, which includes cooked, glazed and sliced ham and turkey, USDA said in a statement.

The meat, which was produced between September 5 and November 13, may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, which can bring about high fever, headaches, neck stiffness and nausea, USDA said."

Read the rest of this article at:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...24165909990001

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Nice of them to wait until after the holidays to announce the recall.
lol i know, yeah i saw this too in the yahoo news the other day. I wonder how MUCH of the meat HASNT been already consumed? i mean the latest date for purchase was 2 weeks ago so most im sure has already been eaten... well at least tofu is pretty safe these days

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
that's sad - how many animals died for their meat to be "recalled"? Not that I would wish illness on anybody, but I kind of hope most of it was eaten so that it didn't just get thrown away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.