VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 2066 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right! I'm challenging you to go vegan for 30 days! What have you got to lose? After all, there's no better day than today to start. The number of reasons to be a vegan is always growing.

Use this thread to accept the challenge, support each other, and ask for advice.

Give veganism a chance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dh and I just ended a 30 day vegan run and felt so good that we have decided to continue...it was not as hard as we expected, and we were full blown omnis!

I am in.

Good luck to everyone

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great, Dace! Congrats and good luck!

*bump*

Anyone else in? This is a great way to show compassion for the animals, the Earth, and yourself!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
How vegan do I have to be to participate? Are we talking about just obvious sources of animal-based foodstuffs, or do I have to make absolutely sure that the L-cysteine that was used as a dough conditioner in my bread was not extracted from duck feathers?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washoe View Post

How vegan do I have to be to participate? Are we talking about just obvious sources of animal-based foodstuffs, or do I have to make absolutely sure that the L-cysteine that was used as a dough conditioner in my bread was not extracted from duck feathers?
This is personal journey of your own, so I'm not here to tell you that you can't join the challenge under certain conditions. If this concern of yours is one of the things holding you back from trying the challenge, let it go.
Any step closer to veganism is better than nothing! I hope you decide to take the challenge!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Actually, its not a concern. I plan to eventually forgo all mammals meat, poultry, eggs and dairy, and limit my fish consumption to a small serving once or twice a month. Im actually pretty close to that goal right now. But thats as far as Ill probably ever take it. I certainly would not purchase a fur or leather jacket, but at the same time I would not decline to purchase a pair of shoes because the uppers have a small piece of leather sew in. I was just kind of curious as to what the ground rules were.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washoe View Post

Actually, its not a concern. I plan to eventually forgo all mammals meat, poultry, eggs and dairy, and limit my fish consumption to a small serving once or twice a month. Im actually pretty close to that goal right now. But thats as far as Ill probably ever take it. I certainly would not purchase a fur or leather jacket, but at the same time I would not decline to purchase a pair of shoes because the uppers have a small piece of leather sew in. I was just kind of curious as to what the ground rules were.
Okay, thanks for explaining. Then please don't call yourself a vegan if you're eating fish and wearing leather.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I did this myself starting January 1st, and after the month was up, I just decided to keep on going

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well..I've been trying to go vegan. So, I'm in! I dont know if I can do it. I'm going to try to cut out cheese, it's really the only nonvegan thing I eat. Sometimes I have others, but really, its only cheese.

·
Registered
19 Posts
5 years of being vegan and what made it easy is to remember that cow's milk is for their calfs, and that's it. Just imagine if we got milk naturally from a cow. Ok, eww, he's laying on his back underneath her and, well he's got one of those things in his hand and, oh gross, holding it up to his, eww...and now he's.. oh gross!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I haven't put any time in my mind, but i have not been using eggs for at least a year, milk is almost gone, i do still put a splash in my morning tea ( and yes i know about silk creamer and i think it tastes funny to me)........we use mostly soy and almond milk now.

cheese is 90% gone, i have had it on occasion on pizza with the kids.

and this is good for me because i used to be a cheese freak, but after reading much on dairy, i am pretty much done with it.

i also havent gotten the trace ingredients out yet in things like boca or ms farms, although we have reduced our use of these types of products.

so i am well on my way, just have to tweak a little more,

i may never get farther than this, but this is a huge step for me considering my past cheese intake alone.......LOL

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoluvr View Post

I haven't put any time in my mind, but i have not been using eggs for at least a year, milk is almost gone, i do still put a splash in my morning tea ( and yes i know about silk creamer and i think it tastes funny to me)........we use mostly soy and almond milk now.

cheese is 90% gone, i have had it on occasion on pizza with the kids.

and this is good for me because i used to be a cheese freak, but after reading much on dairy, i am pretty much done with it.

i also havent gotten the trace ingredients out yet in things like boca or ms farms, although we have reduced our use of these types of products.

so i am well on my way, just have to tweak a little more,

i may never get farther than this, but this is a huge step for me considering my past cheese intake alone.......LOL
...so does this mean you're taking on the challenge? I'm a little confused.

1 - 20 of 2066 Posts