VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else more tired AFTER the 3-day weekend than you were before? Man, I'm EXHAUSTED! It's not like I did anything super active, either--didn't go hiking or clean my house or do laundry or go skydiving or any of a number of things that would explain my tired state this morning. Arrgh.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Definitely more tired. Probably didn't help that it rained here pretty much all weekend, and that looks like the trend for the rest of the week! My mental focus is all out of whack too.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I don't know about being more tired. My days all seem to run together. I went to check the mail 3 times yesterday before understanding that it wasn't coming. I knew Memorial Day was approaching, I just didn't realize that it was already here. It does feel like a Monday today though.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Three day weekend? What's that? Oh, yeah, some people actually get to celebrate holidays with a day off of work.
I however work retail! Bleah! I saw a great bumper sticker that read "I know there's a hell, I work in retail!" I have to find me one of those!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I feel fine, but apparently my students couldn't handle coming back. Fifteen out of thirty-three showed up to my 1st period class this morning!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Its Queens birthday weekend this weekend,

Meaning 3 day weekend. (Mondays a holiday)

And the irony of it all is im pretty sure its not her real birthday.

Also what does she have to do with us?

Besides watching her christmas statement which generally is opened by:

"Me and my corgies have had a ...."

We may be a colony, but that was years ago,

Now we have our own estiblished (ha) systems...

We need to let go of the queen...

Yet keep the holidays that go with her.

Danny

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hehehehe. I know what you mean, terrafae. I work in retail, too. If I had my car, I'd find the same bumper sticker and put it on. Some stores are worse than others, and the store where I work is terrible. At least Saturday and Monday (when I worked) we were really busy, so I made a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish I could do that. I'd love to work 3 12-hour days, but unfortunately we're outsourced at work, so we're contractually obligated to be at work from 8am to 5pm M-F. There's not even a possibility of flex time.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
not only am I more tired, but I am really disorientated because it is a day off. I can't figure out what day it is and I am all a mess. However I am enjoying the fact that this week is shorter.
Every day should be a holiday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts