VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen this movie? My husband and I went to see it last night, it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Overview- Members of an animal liberation organization free a chimp infecting with a highly contaigous disease called "rage". The infection spreads very quickly through blood. The infection causes people to attack others violently.

I really liked this movie. In my opinion, it's up there with Dawn of the Dead. Very origional, not a typical zombie movie.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't find anyting negative about the depiction of the animal liberators. It was though, hard to watch seeing the chimps in the lab. Maybe it made a few people think in the theatre, seeing animals in such a state of abuse.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
I have an intense fear of Zombies, but at the same time a fascination. I plan to see this movie late at night and park far away from the cinema; then I'll have to walk through the dark deserted streets after seeing it and I'll probably be scared sh*tless.

So if I never post again after the Aussie release date of this movie it means I've had a heart attack.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
I enjoyed it. I thought the groans from the audience in the opening sequence might result in some enlightenment but then 2 minute later they were giggling about
[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]the guy's penis[/SPOILER]

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have wanted to see this movie for AGES! It came out over here a while ago, and I meant to see it while it was in the cinema. My best friend recently acquired it on DVD and said it was the biggest pile of shyte he's seen in a long time... but I don't actually believe he's watched it yet.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurmudgeon

I have an intense fear of Zombies, but at the same time a fascination. I plan to see this movie late at night and park far away from the cinema; then I'll have to walk through the dark deserted streets after seeing it and I'll probably be scared sh*tless.

So if I never post again after the Aussie release date of this movie it means I've had a heart attack.
You'd never want to seee our movie collection! We have just about every zombie there is (Romero, Fulchi) My husband is really into gore (he's vegan though!).He has a fascination with survival-horror scenarios. He plans his route of exit in the event that zombies would return from the dead, or in this case, a virus causing infected people to attack. Very active imagination? LOL!

We saw the movie at a matinee showing, so there were only about 10 people in the theatre. I would have gotten really annoyed if I saw this in a packed theatre (people yelling and screaming
)

I heard that in the UK, the DVD is already out and has deleted scenes and an alternate ending. I really want to see the movie again, but I'll have to wait to buy it on DVD.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I didnt Like It Much.. It Was Long And I dont Even KNow Why They put 16+ (expet for tha nude 30 sec scene bah ha)

I Prefered Terminator 3

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I wanted my money back and the two hours of my life I wasted there. I am a connoissuer of horror movies and that one sucked.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I just saw this yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. I am a HUGE zombie movie fan, so I was a bit disappointed when I found out that there wasn't actually any "real" zombies, only infected people who can be killed, but it did have a zombie type of feel to it. The creepy factor was pretty high, so that's a plus for me. I really dug how they sped up the movements of the infected people when they shambled along - extra creepy.

The infected priest in the church scene reminded me of Earl in the Red Meat comic strip http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/

Could be the bugged out eyes

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 808veggie

I wanted my money back and the two hours of my life I wasted there. I am a connoissuer of horror movies and that one sucked.
Would you mind giving a few examples of horror film inwhich you like and don't waste your life so people can get an idea of what you mean?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just saw the movie "28 Days Later" last night and let me tell you, I am not easily creeped out or scared by a movie, but this one..wow!!! It isn't like your regular horror flick or anything like that, it really makes you think, my mind was racing after the movie! I don't recommend seeing it if you have a weak stomach or are scared easily, but if that isn't you case then definetly see it!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This movie freaked my sh*t out!!

I was actually more freaked by the other danger element and not so much by the zombies (those who have seen it will know what I'm talking about). I thought it was very well done. Much better than any horror film I've seen in ages.

The opening scene with the animals in the lab really got to me, though. I almost couldn't watch it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts