VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
15,466 Posts

· Registered
3,184 Posts
Oh, that vegan popcorn tofu ("chicken") looks so good, as does the matzo ball soup. The mushroom stout pie looks like proper pub food. Oh, and the crispy baked onion rings... oh my.. OH MY!!!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Aristede:devil::naughty:

Reactions: Purp

· Registered
7,262 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/26-vegan-versions-of-your-favorite-comfort-foods

Is this the link you're trying to post? Looks like the one you have there is for someone's Facebook page.

If that is the right one then holy moly good find! I really want to try those fried pickles... :drool:
how did you even find that? i need vegan comfort foods as a google alert pretty much because this list is a slice of heaven. Tofu popcorn chicken? Yum! And the broccoli cheeze soup is to die for.

:) Also, I saw the banana pb chocolate chip cookies at the top of the list, and not to toot my own horn, but I swear that I have the best vegan pb choco cookie recipe. It was accidental and now I don't do anything else. If anyone cares to whip up a snack here it is just let me know what you think:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups organic *unbleached* flour
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup organic dark chocolate chips or chunks (vegan)
⅔ cup canola oil
¼ cup soy or almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1tb molasses
2 heaping tb organic peanut butter (I used crunchy)

METHOD

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
In another bowl, combine the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla, and molasses. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. You might have to put some elbow grease into it and use your hands until well incorporated. Lastly, add the peanut butter and gently combine into mixture.
Flour your hands and roll dough into compact balls then place one by one on cookie sheet, making sure to flatten each one into a disc.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.