VeggieBoards banner

25 Vegan Sources for Protein

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  silva 
#1 ·
#2 ·
25 Vegan sources of Protein (Bean Edition)

azuki bean
bayo bean
black azuki bean
black bean
bolita bean
brown speckled cow bean
cannellini bean
chickpea
calypso bean
pink bean
cranberry bean
European soldier bean
eye of the goat bean
fava bean
flageolet
great Northern bean
Jackson wonder bean
lablab bean
lupini bean
mung bean
navy bean
pinto bean
red kidney bean
soybean

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by saretta View Post

thank you very much for the list. all kind of beans are really the best.

about the links, thanks too. when I read we need o,8gr of proteine for each kilo, I am pretty sure that a lot of omnivores has an intake higher that the needs.
Yes, they really do.

Especially Americans, I think, grossly overestimate the amount of protein that a person actually needs.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone104 View Post

Yes, they really do.

Especially Americans, I think, grossly overestimate the amount of protein that a person actually needs.
Since I am to Canada ( Toronto) I realized that it is totally true. American people eat more meat ( above all red meat) than in France or others european countries. But it is also due to the medias, or ads which promote such proteines! fortunately there are some people like you who use one's brain.

What is ashamed is that people aren't aware that to much proteines especially from animals can be the cause of heart disease as well kidney disease.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

25 Vegan sources of Protein (Bean Edition)

azuki bean
bayo bean
black azuki bean
black bean
bolita bean
brown speckled cow bean
cannellini bean
chickpea
calypso bean
pink bean
cranberry bean
European soldier bean
eye of the goat bean
fava bean
flageolet
great Northern bean
Jackson wonder bean
lablab bean
lupini bean
mung bean
navy bean
pinto bean
red kidney bean
soybean
Thanks for the list!!
smiley.gif

#13 ·
Agree that the average westerner consumes probably double the amount of protein that their bodies need. I would guess that all this just goes to waste.

I know guys at the gym that aim for around 90g of protein and they weigh around 72kg. It's insane and can't be great for the body.

#15 ·
I've found a new love in adzuki beans! After a nights soak they cook up in about 1/2 hour, soft but shapely, with a tender skin.
Sorry for the weird wording- no I don't want to marry them--other than marry them with rice and siracha that is!
wink3.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.