VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This article grosses me out.

'Consumer Reports': People 'ripped off when they buy fish'

I know meat in general is a grab bag of parts, and you're never getting what you're told you are, but only 4 out of 14 types of fish were accurately labeled? Come on! Isn't that dangerous for people with allergies? Why cut corners? Either way I'm glad I don't have to deal with misrepresentation like this anymore.

·
Registered
966 Posts
The best way to deal with this problem is for everyone to stop eating fish altogether. Am I right?

Yea.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
hmm i see no problems with this post. people here often write some news that show whats wrong with meat industry

it is pretty bad. i wonder bif people even have allergies nto fish though?

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

hmm i see no problems with this post. people here often write some news that show whats wrong with meat industry
In the vegetarian discussion section of the support forum?

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
hmm i may be wrong but i thought that only promoting omni food isn't allowed. but maybe you are right, then it should be moved

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

In the vegetarian discussion section of the support forum?
I suppose I'm not understanding the issue here. I was bringing up an article relevant to how misleading the meat industry can be, which I view as supporting the vegetarian lifestyle. I never advocated the eating of fish, in fact I reaffirmed a reason not to eat it. Many threads here reference personal reasons for not eating meat and use similar findings as examples, should they all be moved elsewhere as well? I feel that you may be assuming that I am misrepresenting myself as a vegetarian while I am actually a pescetarian, to which I must respond that I am not and I'd ask that you not make assumptions towards others just because for some reason you haven't seen them post as often as you'd like. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your commentary, but that's what it seemed like to me.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
I'm not saying anyone is a pescetarian. This has nothing to do with supporting vegetarianism. It's an article about how dismayed fish eaters are about being deceived. Who among the people reading this forum need support along these lines? If there's a place for this on VB, it is probably somewhere else.

What's next? Outcry that people can't get Angus beef at Safeway for the same price they can at Kroger?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

I'm not saying anyone is a pescetarian. This has nothing to do with supporting vegetarianism. It's an article about how dismayed fish eaters are about being deceived. Who among the people reading this forum need support along these lines? If there's a place for this on VB, it is probably somewhere else.

What's next? Outcry that people can't get Angus beef at Safeway for the same price they can at Kroger?
Understandably the title alone of the article does reference people feeling "ripped off" for their purchase, however the article was not posted in this spirit and I did thoroughly explain my intentions in sharing the article (by stating that it was gross). Looking at your previous posts I feel like you get in a few too many nitpicky arguments for my taste, so I'll be dropping this here as I don't feel like wasting my time. Please find something else to unnecessarily scrutinize, as you seem to be unable to "wrap your brain around" the fact that I shared an article that didn't singularly promote vegetarianism (you know we are allowed to read other things, right?)

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrealeeanne View Post

I feel that you may be assuming that I am misrepresenting myself as a vegetarian while I am actually a pescetarian.
Pescetarian, Bovitarian, Porcitarian, Ovistarian, Gallustarian, Pesci-Bovi-Porci-Ovis-Gallustarian ..

S'all bollox, isn't it?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

Pescetarian, Bovitarian, Porcitarian, Ovistarian, Gallustarian, Pesci-Bovi-Porci-Ovis-Gallustarian ..

S'all bollox, isn't it?
Pretty much, just eat meat or don't. If your dietary preferences require both sides of a t-shirt to list it's easier to just list what you won't eat.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Is this more or less appropriate than the McRib thread in the "veg/animal issues in the news" forum?
I'd say more appropriate. This thread is about something that meat eaters have to deal with that we don't, it's another perk of being vegetarian, getting away from this stuff. However, the McRib is kind of celebrated by meat eaters, and it's coming back has nothing to do with vegetarianism.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think this article is OK. It might be better in the compost heap, but for me, I enjoyed reading it because I got to chuckle at all the ripped off omnis, and be reminded of one of the reason's I'm veggie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts