VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Earlier in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes won by Pacific Ocean, runner-up Irrefutable collapsed and died just after he was unsaddled. Hollywood Park officials said the 5-year-old, one of three horses in the race for trainer Bob Baffert, most likely had a heart attack.
Full Article

Ugh, this makes me so sick. They talk about these horses like all they're worth is the money they bring in. And I know many of us here from America think many other animal "sporting" events in other countries are barbaric, but to me horse racing is just as barbaric as all these other events. Let's whip a horse to make it run around a track, until it either dies of exhaustion, or hurts itself... then we'll just kill it.

Hey let's use the money the horse brought in to fix it..... Jerks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
And where do you think all the surplus horses go? All the ones that don't cut it or get injured? To some Europeans dinner plate. I despise horse racing

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats another thing I don't get, everyone is so opposed here to eating horse meat, but don't give a second thought to beating a horse around a track and putting it down as soon as its broken. Even before I was vegan I thought animal "sports" were stupid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts