VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1700 Pigs Died in Circle 4 Farm Fire
Circle 4 is owned by Smithfield.

Here is the initial story Electrical fire killed hundreds of hogs from over the weekend.

The comments really pissed me off here and because of the comment rules there is no opportunity for meaningful debate possible.

The initial story I was too angry to post anything at all but in the follow up story (Thread Title) I commented under the name RSL_Fan. My comment is pretty weak but it is all I could think of at the time.

Thoughts on how in future I can respond to the offensive comments in some of the commenter statements?
Discuss?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
"They're a naturally ventilated building so they've got fans on the end of the barn that draw air through the building."

Yep, that's what I'd call naturally ventilated. A concrete and steel bunker that requires 7 turbines.

"workers were able to rescue about 500 of the animals"

So after they've been treated for smoke inhalation and varying degrees of burns, they'll be available for adoption, I presume. Oh wait ...

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowthepig View Post

"They're a naturally ventilated building so they've got fans on the end of the barn that draw air through the building."

Yep, that's what I'd call naturally ventilated. A concrete and steel bunker that requires 7 turbines.

"workers were able to rescue about 500 of the animals"

So after they've been treated for smoke inhalation and varying degrees of burns, they'll be available for adoption, I presume. Oh wait ...
Yeah, that's awful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts