VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone else watch this show? Do you think most of them are actually true? What's your favorite one? Do you think it's sad how they make fun of the people, even though most of them are portrayed as mean or stupid?

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I love this show, and it's puns

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
That show is full of weirdness.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I watched it a few times when I had cable. It was entertaining, but I remember being slightly annoyed with how they tended to dehumanize the victims. The episode I remember the best involved some robber that the narrator referred to as a scumbag. I think he called the guy a few other names. It just seemed like they were laying it on really thick, no doubt trying to get the audience to really dislike the guy before showing how he died. I dunno. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, but it just didn't really seem necessary to insult him so much. I mean, he wound up dieing pretty horribly. I can think some pretty nasty things about people, but once they've paid for what they've done, my attitude towards them tends to change.

So I guess I have mixed feelings about that show. It definitely wasn't boring, but it was also sort of offensive. I had to just block out what the narrator was saying. I'll make my own judgments. I don't need some narrator to tell me how I should feel about the situation.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol ya they do that on every single one, you are supposed to hate the person because they are stupid or hate them because they are mean, like one i watched a mean cheerleader got trampled by all the football players, crushing her to death, and it's like i don't wish death upon all the meanish popular girls in high school, and they don't deserve to die, especially when they are still kids, not even grown into themselves yet.

I really think most of the deaths are fake, the most unbelievable one being a big wind picked up a girl in a tent and she went flying and slammed to the ground i guess and died of blunt force trauma, me and my dad were like ok there's no way, unless she was like a 50 pound midget.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I watched an episode, some guy got knocked by a surfboard, another crushed by an engine. It was just....bleh. Not a fan of anything dying, and even less a fan of watching them die. Makes me sad.

As for that tent thing, that could very well be real. Some are freestanding, if wind hit the bottom, it would turn into a giant sail. According to my hasty math, the wind would only have to have been 22 m/s(~44mph) to lift a 50 kilo (110lb) person in a 1x2m (3ftx6ft) tent. I just picked arbitrary easy numbers, she's probably heavier, but the tent is probably double what I guessed, so only 11m/s (22mph) would be necessary.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by obankobi View Post

I watched an episode, some guy got knocked by a surfboard, another crushed by an engine. It was just....bleh. Not a fan of anything dying, and even less a fan of watching them die. Makes me sad.

As for that tent thing, that could very well be real. Some are freestanding, if wind hit the bottom, it would turn into a giant sail. According to my hasty math, the wind would only have to have been 22 m/s(~50mph) to lift a 50 kilo (110lb) person in a 1x2m (3ftx6ft) tent. I just picked arbitrary easy numbers, the tent was probably larger, and she was probably a bit heavier.
It still seems crazy to me lol.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've seen videos of those inflatable jumpers getting picked up and flying around (even with kids inside) if it gets too windy. It sounds crazy, but it's definitely possible.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Seen a couple. They are all true (as far as I know). I've googled a couple of them to learn about it more detail and they have all been documented.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I've never heard of this show but I googled it and found out about a story where a guy gets stuck in an elevator and gets his head sliced off. The half of his head was in the elevator with the elevator's passenger for over an hour. After recently seeing Devil and already having a fear of elevators from tower of terror, I'm not sure I'll ever ride one again.
http://www.houstonpress.com/2003-10-...ing-elevators/

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
^ When I first got on the Tower of Terror, I was afraid of elevators going downwards for weeks

Me and my friends used to all love 1000 ways to die, but I kind of got bored of it anyways.
The majority of them are probably fake, anyways.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

I've seen videos of those inflatable jumpers getting picked up and flying around (even with kids inside) if it gets too windy. It sounds crazy, but it's definitely possible.
I saw footage of that on the news a few weeks ago. That thing went pretty far too with the kids inside!

Never saw this show but it sounds like those Faces or Traces of Death movies. I hated those movies. I don't want to see someone's child, mother, father, or whoever die in some horrible way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts