VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Tilera said it planned to release 16, 36, 64, and 100 core models with the goal of simplifying system architecture. So far, the company has launched the 16, 36, and 64 core models. So where's that 100 core model? According to Wired, we don't have to wait much longer, as Tilera plans to ship the 100-core TILE-Gx later this year.
Speed will no longer be an issue with computers!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Til...PUs,14543.html

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
How many years before we can afford it ? lol.

it will probably stay in universities and at the NSA for now bwahahahaha.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Speed will no longer be an issue with computers!
If software was written properly, then most people would already not have any speed issues anymore

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yeah I don't think I've had CPU issues where a program was actually using the whole thing since some dell I got in 2001.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thinking Machines Corp built a computer called the Connect Machine with 65,000 processors about 30 years ago. (god, I feel old) The technology is just now making it into consumer products. Sun Microsystems, which is now owned by Oracle, bought Thinking Machines in 1994 and continued their development of parallel processing. Oracle created a obstacle to the development by trying to charge a software licensing fee per processor, making the technology too expensive for most enterprises. Good to see this technology is finally making it into the main stream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts