VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On August 10th at Young & Dundas (Dundas Square) in Toronto there is an event to promote vegan living!

There will be 5000 free veggie dogs, vendors, entertainment & much more! And its FREE from 12-6pm

Then in the evening there is a ticketed event from 7:30-9:30pm in Hart House Great Hall at the University of Toronto. It features a presentation from Gene Baur, the co-founder of Farm Sanctuary (the first animal rescue organization dedicated to farmed animals) speaking about 25 yrs with Farm Sanctuary and how to create a more passionate society.

There will also be booking signing, a raffle, and an awards event, to recognize Canada's animal advocates.

All proceeds from the event go to support: Farm Sanctuary, The Toronto Vegetarian Association, We Animals and Snooters Farm Animal Sanctuary (just north of Toronto).

Here is the website for anyone that might be interested in attending!

http://empathy-unlimited.org/10billionreasons

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to go.. Toronto always has very interesting vegetarian/vegan events. But I'm at a wedding when this is happening

·
Registered
75 Posts
It sucks living in Hamilton and not having any close Veg*n friends. I've always wanted to go to one of these things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im from Hamilton, I will be in Toronto for a few days around the time this is happening, but I will be stuck at a family wedding! Nobody will notice if I sneak out for a bit right? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts