VeggieBoards banner

Fitness Goals!

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  krispex22 
#1 ·
This came up in the February Challenge thread, and I think it's a pretty good idea to have its own thread.

So, here is a place to post your fitness goals and progress!

#2 ·
My goals:

Shorter-term:
1. Compete in and finish a trail half marathon
2. Work up to running 6 road-miles in my minimalist shoes
3. Do at least one 100-mile bike ride event this summer (I haven't found an event I want to do yet).

Long-term goad:
1. More trail running with much more difficult terrain so that I can participate in this next year: http://quadzilla15k.com/info/

#3 ·
Longterm goals:

180 kg deadlift
140 kg squat
100 kg benchpress

one-handed push-up

short-term goals:

start running
do a push-up on fingertips
piston squat

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

My goal is to start jogging with my dog, we normally just walk. It would be good for her and me.
Your goals are alot better than mine
No. Any goal is a good goal!!!

Heck, my first goal with running was to just start!! Now I'm just an addict (which is good and bad
). Ha, also I remember starting to ride my bike regularly (many years ago) and 4miles just about killed me! Gotta start somewhere.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

My goal is to start jogging with my dog, we normally just walk. It would be good for her and me.
Your goals are alot better than mine
One of my goals is to start running at all, so don't feel bad.

#7 ·
Completely max out both semi-annual Army physical fitness tests this year.
For my age group that means 75 pushups in 2 minutes, 76 situps in 2 minutes, and 2 mile run in 13:18.

Other than that, just keep trying to develop weighted chin-ups and increase my number of body weight muscle ups and 1 armed chin-ups. Right now I'm at about 20 muscle ups and 2 real wobbly 1 armed chin-ups. I'd like to be able to do 5 in good form.

Do the Tough Mudder in Toronto to get a feel for what it's like, and then implement what I learn to begin preparing for Tough Mudder when it comes to Montreal next year.

#8 ·
- run a half marathon in less than 125 minutes
- run a full marathon by the end of the year
- try running barefoot/minimalist more (should be easier come spring)
- increase flexibility, I'd like to get closer to being able to do the splits
- get 10ks under one hour

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

Be able to consistently get into a handstand and crow pose
I had similar goals for my yoga practice, to work on crow pose, headstands and other arm balances. I was making good progress but then my yoga studio closed and I don't feel safe practicing at home. I just wish the other studios in my area were affordable/had better class schedules. I haven't practiced yoga in over a year...

#16 ·
Short and medium term:

Mile a day challenge to 100 days (currently on Day 68)

At least 1 x 20km+ (12.4miles) run per month for the remaining 10 months of 2012

Gold Coast Half in under 2:15:00 (1 July)

Finish the Sydney Mud Run (1 December)

Minimum of 4 organised runs in the remaining 10 months of 2012 (not including The GC Half or Mud Run)

Buy a bike for cross training purposes (currently saving)

Long, long term:

Full marathon

#17 ·
I have decided that when my finances improve a little I should sign up for swimming lessons and get a membership to use the pool at The Y. I know how to swim (kinda) but I never learned when people tried to teach me as a child, so I am sort of self taught and not very strong at it. It seems like it would be a good low-impact workout for total body fitness. If I enjoy it, I can start setting goals based on time and distance.

#22 ·
Adding a new one. I do jump rope, but I'm gonna start incorporating some more advanced techniques. I've been thinking about getting back into some casual san da (Chinese kickboxing) competition, and jumping rope is good for improving footwork.

Starting with this when it comes out. Everything else Ross has put out re: fitness and combat sports has been gold, so I don't expect to be disappointed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ioVT_yXbU

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

Adding a new one. I do jump rope, but I'm gonna start incorporating some more advanced techniques. I've been thinking about getting back into some casual san da (Chinese kickboxing) competition, and jumping rope is good for improving footwork.

Starting with this when it comes out. Everything else Ross has put out re: fitness and combat sports has been gold, so I don't expect to be disappointed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ioVT_yXbU
Blimey I am exhausted just watching that.

#24 ·
so i am now able to jog a quarter mile than walk a quarter than jog a quarter than walk a quarter than jog the rest of the way home, like .2 miles. my next goal is to be able to jog atleast half way without stopping. and my dog has been keeping up good and shes good to jog with because she stays on her side and doesnt pull. after that my goal is to jog the entire 2.2 miles and than go a little farther. thats going to take a while to get there though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.