VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard Rock, Metal, Industrial, Goth, etc.

4K views 49 replies 16 participants last post by  Dedalus 
#1 ·
I searched through posts and found a Punk thread but not one dedicated to, well, hard rock, metal, industrial, goth, etc. music. I put them all together because here are so many fusion bands out there that cross over and I did not want to exclude them. I love exploring new bands and I thought this would be a great place where we could post the harder and darker stuff and explore great new music that may not be that well known. Anyone else out there interested in this type of music?

Mods, if this already exists, I apologize, just send me the link and close this thread.

See less See more
#3 ·
Have not heard of Bella Morte, will have to check it out.
My current (they change every few weeks) faves are:
The Agonist
Slot or Слот (original name)
The Birthday Massacre
Frightdoll
Scarling
Louna
Ciryam

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I am not good at keeping up with this music but I do enjoy getting dressed up and going out dancing at the goth club.
Your from Tampa, right? I have always wanted to go to the Castle but my plans have always fallen apart.

I don't try to keep up with trends but YouTube is a great way to find new music.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkwingDuckie View Post

Your from Tampa, right? I have always wanted to go to the Castle but my plans have always fallen apart.

I don't try to keep up with trends but YouTube is a great way to find new music.
Attachment 14484
{from NYE}
Yes Tampa Girl! Well if you wanna go with me! I go once every few months (or so) because I cant deal with much of the drama sometimes. And well its nice to hear from my friends there "OMG I have not seen you in so long". I was in a few "shows" there in my younger days and am thinking about trying to get back into them. I just love going dressed up in almost nothing and dancing around like a fool! And there are the "regulars" who intimate some but are really good people.
LL

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Attachment 14484
{from NYE}
Yes Tampa Girl! Well if you wanna go with me! I go once every few months (or so) because I cant deal with much of the drama sometimes. And well its nice to hear from my friends there "OMG I have not seen you in so long". I was in a few "shows" there in my younger days and am thinking about trying to get back into them. I just love going dressed up in almost nothing and dancing around like a fool! And there are the "regulars" who intimate some but are really good people.
That is such a cute picture. I should be in Tampa again beginning of March. This weekend I am going to Orlando for the Industrial Music Festival (so excited!).

#12 ·
My musical tastes are pretty all over the place but I do lean towards the darker stuff, a lot of my favourite musicians fall into these genres.

Examples:

Rasputina
Emilie Autumn
Birthday Massacre
Bauhaus
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Cure
Fields of the Nephilim
Sisters of Mercy
Skinny Puppy (Canadian!)
Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
A Perfect Circle
Tool
Puscifer
Aphex Twin
Opeth
Dethklok
Rammstein

#13 ·
#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

My musical tastes are pretty all over the place but I do lean towards the darker stuff, a lot of my favourite musicians fall into these genres.

Examples:

Rasputina
Emilie Autumn
Birthday Massacre
Bauhaus
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Cure
Fields of the Nephilim
Sisters of Mercy
Skinny Puppy (Canadian!)
Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
A Perfect Circle
Tool
Puscifer
Aphex Twin
Opeth
Dethklok
Rammstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

Oh yeah, slot are awesome

I am a big fan of NDH style (neue deutsche haerte aka. "new german hardness".)
This would be

Rammstein
Megaherz
Ooomph
Eisbrecher
Ohh, there are a couple new bands here that I do not recognize. Must hang out on YouTube and explore!! So exited!!

Oh, and I compeltely love Tool videos.

#17 ·
#20 ·
Sunno))))
Cradle of Filth
Burzum
Emperor
Dimmu Borgir

All heavy and dark and perfect for anger management.

#21 ·
Love Finntroll and folk metal in general! Used to see these guys a lot when I lived in Moscow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06rmJnt9wo sorry if the beer belly shots put anyone off their dinner.
But they are an absolutely brilliant band.
I'm quite an elderly goth and don't get to dress up and go clubbing much these days. I like all the old stuff from the 80s and at the moment am also nuts about the German band Deine Lakaien - I've just been over to see them in Germany.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post

Sunno))))
Cradle of Filth
Burzum
Emperor
Dimmu Borgir

All heavy and dark and perfect for anger management.
The older stuff of most of these is very good. except Burzum (can't hack em cuz Varg is a douche). You should add Satyricon and older Opeth to this lot as well.

Here's something older and great:

The Swans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OK1kDLj8MM&feature=related

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

The older stuff of most of these is very good. except Burzum (can't hack em cuz Varg is a douche). You should add Satyricon and older Opeth to this lot as well.
Oh I LOVE The Swans! Don't have near enough of their stuff. I just recently got into Opeth - downloaded two of their records - both pretty good. Satyricon I have always been meaning to check out. Recommend me a good starting point.

RE: Burzum - I hear ya on Varg. However, Filosofem is a really great record, notwithstanding. The others are mostly unlistenable. But that kinda got me into other bands - so I gave him the shout-out.

Good to see you back around these parts brother!

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Emperor gets a free pass?

Varg is horrible (and out of prison now, I have read), but Emperor is in the same category.

As for Opeth, their non-metal album is one of my favorites. Nice sad album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.