VeggieBoards - Reply to Topic
Thread: Bullying Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
09-26-2011 05:46 AM
JoBravo It's interesting.

In India they have signs posted on every college campus: "Ragging (Bullying) will be punished to the full extent of the law as set forth by the Supreme Court."

They don't play.
09-26-2011 01:23 AM
ingtoncreti Yes I would consider that bullying and abusive.

09-24-2011 10:44 PM
Wolfie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post


I have a feeling that what you/your daughter receives for benefits, falls way short of what she would be getting if she was a healthy mother of 10 that felt free money was better than earned money.
Personally, I would seriously like to see those checks reversed. Let the one that can work but wont get your daughters assistance, and let your daughter get theirs.

+1

You know, I agree with you almost all the time on financial matters. Just not so much on anything else.
09-23-2011 07:27 AM
Fatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

I saw one at a garage sale for $50 the other day.

That would have ended up in my travel trailer. LOL
09-23-2011 06:03 AM
Marie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Flat screen TVs, however, are really not all that expensive these days,

I saw one at a garage sale for $50 the other day.
09-23-2011 05:39 AM
Fatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

You claim to help people during natural disasters - and I honestly believe that you do, not questioning that. But what are your criteria? Do you help people simply because they need help, or do you have a litmus test? Would you help someone who was on welfare get out of a ditch? Would you help a homosexual?

Litmus test? no. at this point I dont bother asking, Im on a call group for natural disasters and severe weather. I get a call and I go. its very simple. In snowstorms that shut the roads I make runs for the hospital, It might be driving doctors and nurses to the hospital (not as worried about them getting back home) I might be bringing needed medications to people that cant get out.
Im sure in my years doing this, I have transported gays, Im sure I have brought medications to those on assistance. and, I pull nobody out of ditches anymore, I will give them a ride to the nearest gas station or fire house or whatever, but I dont pull them. the reason is that if they are so lame that they cant keep their car on the road, everyone might be safer if they just stayed off the road in the first place.
Now, I do this because I want to, not because I have to. The first time the state or county calls and says, we see you have a vehicle registered in your name that can do this, and they try to demand I go, at that point, my truck shuts down and I dont run it unless its for my personal benefit. Do you see the difference here?

Quote:
Since I live with someone who gets assistance, I can pretty much assure you that Lexus vehicles are not in the budget. Flat screen TVs, however, are really not all that expensive these days, and there are many cheap ones on Craigslist, so I'm not so sure that they should be disqualifying. And as far as state paid for cell phones, that's something that congress passsed a long time ago, and we all contribute toward - so the service may as well be used or the proceeds will go to the cell phone companies, who really don't need them. Believe me, the minutes are very limited and they are not offering smartphones. But cell phones are much more affordable than home lines. We haven't got one for Kelly yet, as we're not sure she will be able to use it, but it's an option we will consider. It would be nice, since her ability to communication is limited, for her to have a cell phone for us to track her in malls and stores.

I have a feeling that what you/your daughter receives for benefits, falls way short of what she would be getting if she was a healthy mother of 10 that felt free money was better than earned money.
Personally, I would seriously like to see those checks reversed. Let the one that can work but wont get your daughters assistance, and let your daughter get theirs.
09-22-2011 08:20 PM
Poppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

when unemployment wasnt a problem, the schools still did poorly. but what do I have to do with dysfunctional families, and why should I support them. '
Why should I pay tax to support the illegals that get the royal treatment in this state?

Im more than willing to support myself, I expect others to do the same.
The welfare crowd does not need state paid cell phones, they dont need enough to buy a big screen or a lexus. at most they should get an apartment, and food dropped off to them. They dont need cash to go to the store. Make it rough and the system will see savings pretty quick

You claim to help people during natural disasters - and I honestly believe that you do, not questioning that. But what are your criteria? Do you help people simply because they need help, or do you have a litmus test? Would you help someone who was on welfare get out of a ditch? Would you help a homosexual?

Since I live with someone who gets assistance, I can pretty much assure you that Lexus vehicles are not in the budget. Flat screen TVs, however, are really not all that expensive these days, and there are many cheap ones on Craigslist, so I'm not so sure that they should be disqualifying. And as far as state paid for cell phones, that's something that congress passed a long time ago, and we all contribute toward in our cell phone bills - so the service may as well be used or the proceeds will go to the cell phone companies, who really don't need them. Believe me, the minutes are very limited and they are not offering smartphones. But cell phones are much more affordable than home lines. We haven't got one for Kelly yet, as we're not sure she will be able to use it, but it's an option we will consider. It would be nice, since her ability to communication is limited, for her to have a cell phone for us to track her in malls and stores.
09-22-2011 07:18 PM
paperhanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

who is being bullied here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Any LGBT person reading this thread, who Fatman just claimed isn't "well adjusted", without even knowing who they are or anything about them.

--Fromper

I wouldn't call that behavior bullying. I'd call it bigotry. Not that I'm calling anybody a bigot.
09-22-2011 06:33 PM
Pixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Well, that is a plausible option for me after all, but it wasn't what I thought of.
Point being that if I don't do, think or even consider anything that which has with sex to do, have I not made a choice to not be "sexual" then?

What? I don't understand what you mean honey.
09-22-2011 06:30 PM
Fatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

The students in Baltimore have abysmal test cores because they would rather run around all day? Really? You don't think that perhaps poverty, unemployment and dysfunctional families might be more the cause?

when unemployment wasnt a problem, the schools still did poorly. but what do I have to do with dysfunctional families, and why should I support them. '
Why should I pay tax to support the illegals that get the royal treatment in this state?

Im more than willing to support myself, I expect others to do the same.
The welfare crowd does not need state paid cell phones, they dont need enough to buy a big screen or a lexus. at most they should get an apartment, and food dropped off to them. They dont need cash to go to the store. Make it rough and the system will see savings pretty quick
09-22-2011 06:15 PM
Poppy The students in Baltimore have abysmal test cores because they would rather run around all day? Really? You don't think that perhaps poverty, unemployment and dysfunctional families might be more the cause?
09-22-2011 05:56 PM
Envy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

Nasty boy Envy!

Well, that is a plausible option for me after all, but it wasn't what I thought of.

Point being that if I don't do, think or even consider anything that which has with sex to do, have I not made a choice to not be "sexual" then?
09-22-2011 05:54 PM
Fatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

The loss of morals, in my opinion, comes from the entitled right, who think they can live in a country where they don't have to share the resources this country gave to them. Greed and the denial of the importance of education are the real moral problems this country faces - not accepting the sexual orientation of teenagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

I did not say there was a disparity in anything. I said that my opinion is that the moral issues we face as a country have more to do with greed and a fear of education than they do with accepting or not accepting the sexual orientation of teenagers.

I do believe it's greedy for those of us privileged enough to have been educated, protected and indulged by the resources of this wonderful country not to lend a hand to those who need it. On the news (NBC) tonight was a report stating that only 55.3% of our young adults, ages 16 - 29, are employed. That's shocking to me. These are, for the most part, educated, computer literate young people who cannot find jobs of any kind. People who need assistance are not all like the person you described in your example - in fact, I would suspect that very few are.

ok, what denial of the importance of education? do I deny the importance of education to anyone? or, do the parents of that child do it.
and as far as greed, Baltimore City schools get the most money per student in the state of Maryland, yet have the lowest scores of the state, maybe even the country.
This tells me it has nothing to do with Money and greed, but it does have to do with students that would rather run around all day than trying to learn. and since there are some that do learn and do escape that welfare lifestyle, I cant say that the school is inferior.

So again, how much do I owe some lazy SOB that didnt have the insight to get the education offered.

I say let them starve, take away the safety net and you have a hard time getting rope walkers.
09-22-2011 05:54 PM
Wolfie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post




Doesn't do a thing for me, since I chose to be straight and all.
09-22-2011 05:53 PM
mollycakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

For me, I think it was the first time I saw Lynda Carter in that Wonder Woman outfit on TV.

But I disagree with Fatman on this particular point.

--Fromper

lol!
09-22-2011 05:53 PM
Pixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

I'm doing it.
Right now.

Nasty boy Envy!
09-22-2011 05:51 PM
mollycakes So Fatman, I'm just curious, do you think its okay then, that this 14 year old boy was bullied to death because he was gay? Because you think it is immoral to be gay?

I'm confused what your opinion of the morality of homosexuality has to do with this article or topic. Its not very relevant that you think gay people aren't well adjusted. I'm sure there are many out there who also agree with you, but its unnecessary to insult people who don't feel they have had a choice in the matter.
09-22-2011 05:51 PM
Pixie

09-22-2011 05:49 PM
Fatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

So when did you choose to be straight? I'm sure you can remember the moment, since sexuality is a choice and all.

maybe about the same time I stopped thinking for myself and only repeating lame talking points from my handlers?

please come up with something original.
Thanks in advance.
09-22-2011 05:48 PM
Wolfie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

But I disagree with Fatman on this particular point.

--Fromper

I disagree with him on it too. I was attempting to be sarcastic.
09-22-2011 05:46 PM
Envy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

So when did you choose to be straight? I'm sure you can remember the moment, since sexuality is a choice and all.

I'm doing it.

Right now.
09-22-2011 05:45 PM
Pixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

For me, I think it was the first time I saw Lynda Carter in that Wonder Woman outfit on TV.

I think that was the moment I realised I was bi.
09-22-2011 05:44 PM
Fromper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

So when did you choose to be straight? I'm sure you can remember the moment, since sexuality is a choice and all.

For me, I think it was the first time I saw Lynda Carter in that Wonder Woman outfit on TV.

But I disagree with Fatman on this particular point.

--Fromper
09-22-2011 05:40 PM
Poppy I did not say there was a disparity in anything. I said that my opinion is that the moral issues we face as a country have more to do with greed and a fear of education than they do with accepting or not accepting the sexual orientation of teenagers.

I do believe it's greedy for those of us privileged enough to have been educated, protected and indulged by the resources of this wonderful country not to lend a hand to those who need it. On the news (NBC) tonight was a report stating that only 55.3% of our young adults, ages 16 - 29, are employed. That's shocking to me. These are, for the most part, educated, computer literate young people who cannot find jobs of any kind. People who need assistance are not all like the person you described in your example - in fact, I would suspect that very few are.
09-22-2011 05:39 PM
Pixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

the left tries to guilt people into accepting homosexuality.
All I have to say is, I think its a choice, and I don't think its a moral one. My opinon.
now it gets followed with the insults, the accusations, the suggestion that if I don't like homosexuals, I must be one..
but that is all ok right? I guess my problem is that I don't like the loss of morals in this country, and I refuse to accept the liberal agenda.

Do you think only left wing people are gay?
09-22-2011 05:34 PM
Wolfie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

All I have to say is, I think its a choice, and I don't think its a moral one. My opinon.

So when did you choose to be straight? I'm sure you can remember the moment, since sexuality is a choice and all.
09-22-2011 05:26 PM
Fatman you said there was disparity in education, I do not agree. you said there was disparity in opportunity, I disagree.
the disparity is self induced. Why should I or anyone else support someone that refused to put forth an effort to line themselves up to support themselves?

where is the disparity?
09-22-2011 05:21 PM
Poppy What disparity? Seriously, I don't know exactly what you mean.
09-22-2011 05:11 PM
Fatman ok, back to the disabled, that I have already on a number of instances said fall into a category that falls under the ok to support.

but like I said about liberals before, you hear what you want and turn what people say into something else.
now how about answering the post I put up and stop playing this game.
where is the disparity that I should be required to pay for?
09-22-2011 05:01 PM
Poppy Your perception of those who need government assistance seems to be nearly as narrow as your opinion on sexual persuasion.

My daughter receives SSI and Medicaid. She's never worked a day in her life (she's almost 22). She's never been in the military or gone to college. She's never smoked dope and she has no children. But as a disabled adult, she is entitled to a pittance from the government, just for being an American citizen. Think she can survive on disability? Nope, she gets $467 dollars a month, and free medical care. But thanks for your help, even if you don't want to give it.
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off