VeggieBoards - Reply to Topic
Thread: I need to find a therapist Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
09-05-2007 10:09 AM
barefootchick I would recommend a community services board with therapy sessions that are on a sliding scale fee. I've been going to therapy sessions about twice a month for ten months now and they've really helped me.
09-04-2007 07:33 AM
Beachbnny There are many types of therapists and counselors and sometimes it's best to just go to one and see if they'll work for you and if not try another. It's usually more about the individual counselor than the "type" of counselor. I agree that contacting your school is a good way to go but sometimes you can feel lost in that syatem.

You could try contacting your health insurance, if you have that, and asking what they cover and for references. Or you can open a phone book and call around. I went to a sliding scale counseleor for while who was awesome. I could afford it and she was so helpful.

If you need someone to talk to you can always PM me. I tend to be a pretty good listener I hope you find some peace and some help with what you're going through!
09-03-2007 10:40 PM
mazikeen Are you a student? If so, your school will probably offer some kind of counselling. Even if you don't want to use your school's counsellling service, they can direct you to another therapist with the specifications you need.

Good luck!
09-03-2007 10:19 PM
carried I need to get a therapist and I don't know exactly what kind I need. I was thinking it would fall under marriage and family since I need to talk about my parents and some of the other family members. I'm feeling depressed and angry and resentful towards my parents and the rest of my family. I really would just like to talk to them about it but i've tried and my mom just shuts down or avoids me and talking to my dad is like talking to a wall. So I think since I can't make them talk I can talk to someone else and get it out at least.

I live in Ft Worth and i'm pretty close to Hurst and Arlington, if anyone can suggest a good therapist or maybe what I need exactly it would be very helpful.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off