|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|04-13-2015 02:20 AM|
Potato and onion soup
5 medium onions, chopped
1/2 cup Olive oil
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1 1/4 cup tomato juice
3 cups vegetable broth
Put the vegetables in cooking pot with oil. Saute lightly for a few minutes. Add the tomato juice, vegetable broth, salt, pepper and cook soup medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
|10-15-2014 06:18 PM|
Spiced Fruit Soup
Let fresh seasonal produce inspire your menu.
• 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
• 3 cup(s) water
• 2 piece(s) ginger, 1-inch-thick (about the diameter of nickels)
• 2 whole star anise
• 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
• 1 1/2 pint(s) fresh raspberries
• 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
• 3/4 pound(s) (1 1/2-inch) apricots, halved and pitted
1. Combine the sugar, water, ginger, star anise, zest, and 1 pint raspberries over high heat in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is completely dissolved. Mash the berries with a potato masher until they release most of their liquid and strain into a large bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and apricot halves and chill the broth in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. Finish the soup by stirring the remaining raspberries into the broth.
Divide the soup among the bowls and serve immediately.
If apricots aren't ripe, for example, substitute peaches.