Viewing Review: A great alternative for when that "mac n cheeze" craving strikes - VeggieBoards
A great alternative for when that "mac n cheeze" craving strikes Edit
by flvegnewbie Combined Rating: 4.0

I agree with those that have stated this needs to be baked in the oven, not in the microwave.

As far as the cheeze goes, it's as close as I've found taste/consistency wise for a vegan...
Pros Cons
  • Creamy...Cheezy...Gooey. Didn't much care for the rice macaroni noodles :/
  • Price~The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars

I agree with those that have stated this needs to be baked in the oven, not in the microwave.

As far as the cheeze goes, it's as close as I've found taste/consistency wise for a vegan cheeze.  

But I'm not a big fan of the rice macaroni noodles.  I'm not sure why they chose to do a rice macaroni as opposed to a regular wheat macaroni unless they are looking out for those who are going gluten free?

I think had they done a regular macaroni the taste would have been almost spot on.

I know the container seems small but this is defiantly substantial enough as a side dish for 2 people.  Unless of course you are a mac n cheeze addict & just gotta eat it all yourself.  

One last suggestion...add some seasoning to this.  A little black pepper or cajun seasoning just takes it over the top!

*I've seen some folks who say they have an 'after taste' or that they feel like Daiya is a bit of a playdoh consistency.  I didn't experience either of these, it's very reminiscent of a homemade mac n cheeze that you would make with a cheeze like substance in your non-vegan days.  The name brand starting with a V, in a large orange box.  Except MUCH healthier, if mac n cheeze can be healthy?!grin.gif*

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Capstan 07-11-2013, 11:41 PM

I love this stuff. If you bake it a little longer than it suggests, the macaroni gets more tender. I like to sprinkle some extra Daiya cheddar shreads on top, so it gets really cheesy!

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance: