Viewing Review: A decent hot dog for veg kids - VeggieBoards
A decent hot dog for veg kids Edit
by Jennifer C Combined Rating: 3.5

The three kids at my house really like these smart dogs, and one is a meat eater. She actually had no clue. I served them up and she ate her "hot dog", then said, "If you're all vegetarians, how...
Pros Cons
  • Doesn't taste like pork!
  • Kind of does taste like a hot dog

The three kids at my house really like these smart dogs, and one is a meat eater. She actually had no clue. I served them up and she ate her "hot dog", then said, "If you're all vegetarians, how come you're eating hot dogs!" To which I said, "They're not real meat " and she was surprised. 

So, I like them, because in a house where half are vegetarian and half aren't - these work well. 

Overall, I rarely serve them though, because one, they're a processed food, and two, I'm not a huge "pork" fan, real or not. I went vegetarian as a young teen, and had never liked pork much before that, so fake pork isn't all that appealing. Luckily, I don't think these taste too much like pork, unless you eat them plain. 

I give them to the kids plain, but for myself I make vegetarian chili dogs, which hides any of that "meatish" flavor. 

I'd give them a 2 plain, unless you happen to be my kids who like them plain, and I'd give them a 4 in chili dogs. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance: