North Carolina TVS Thanksgiving Dinner - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Is anyone planning on going to the Triangle Vegetarian Society Thanksgiving dinner? It's supposed to be the largest vegetarian thanksgiving meet up in the country!

http://www.trianglevegsociety.org/thanksgiving08/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds good, but family is more important than food to me on Thanksgiving, and my family all eat meat.
#3 Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

The Triangle Vegetarian Society is once again hosting an all-vegan thanksgiving dinner this year in Durham and Chapel Hill! I don't know yet if I'm going because it is a bit pricey, but for anyone in NC who may be interested, here's the link:

http://www.trianglevegsociety.org/th...ng09/index.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-16-2009, 11:59 PM

I think I may be going to the one in Chapel Hill. It's a long drive, but I think it will be worth it just to avoid family members nagging at me about not eating their desserts. Thanks for posting this! I had no idea.
#5 Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Sounds good, but family is more important than food to me on Thanksgiving, and my family all eat meat.

Gotta say I agree with this. If I didn't have close family I'd be there but I'd rather do a veg*n thing with them than this if I have to make the choice.

No one will talk **** about me not eating meat in this family but come Christmas time I have to put on my boxing gloves lol.

i hear in my mind all of these voices
i hear in my mind all of these words
i hear in my mind all of this music
#6 Old 11-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I actually am going to go this year, even though I don't have the money...my sister and her boyfriend are flying in from California and she's also a vegetarian, so the three of us are going to go together around noon, then get back to the fam in time for their dinner. I'll be stuffed and can still see everybody!
#7 Old 11-21-2009, 12:14 AM

I just got reservations for the one at 3 instead of the one in Chapel Hill. I'm excited. Last Thanksgiving I had a frozen microwave meal. :/
#8 Old 11-28-2009, 01:46 AM

I hope I've moved to FL way before this time next year, but I would be willing to travel back to NC just to attend this again next year. DELICIOUS. The food I have at home is less appealing now in comparison.
#9 Old 11-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, it was scrumptious! I really liked the risotto. And some sort of cutlet that kind of reminded me of crab cakes. And all the desserts!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page