Whole Foods coming to Charlotte in 2012 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

http://wholefoodsmarket.com/pressroo...charlotte-n-c/

The article is from 2010, but I just found out about it. It will be good to get some diversity from another HFS. I love their vegan cookies from their bakery (I had them in Raleigh/Durham).

The only drawback is the location is in Ashley Park. I don't know that area very well. That's the rich section of town. My Yaris will look out of place among all the BMWs and Mercedes, but I don't care. I wish they had chosen the University area because I'm over there all the time. Oh well.

I'll definitely have to check them out when they open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Veggie Regular

There is one being built right now in Wilmington. And Trader Joe's is going to build right down the street. I love it!

Single vegetarian for 19 years seeks tasty vegetables to devour. Reply only if interested in being consumed whole.
#3 Old 08-22-2012, 08:35 PM

I just stopped shopping at Whole Foods after learning a bit more on www.humanemyth.org  Here's the video that has since made me abandon my favorite grocery store :(  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by James DeAlto View Post

I just stopped shopping at Whole Foods after learning a bit more on www.humanemyth.org  Here's the video that has since made me abandon my favorite grocery store :(  

lol...all you new peeps are silly, bumping old threads... happens. Why would you give up your grocer though? o.o You gotta get your foods from somewhere. While whole foods does sell dead animal meat, they also sell many vegan options too.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#5 Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM

I don't want to shop at a store whose CEO calls himself "vegan" yet is also profiting as one of the country's largest meat retailers.  He's promoting the myth of "Humane Meat" through their Global Animal Partnership, which sends the message to customers that it's okay to do something wrong as long as you're doing it the "right way".  I'd rather shop at Harris Teeter where they're not operating under the guise of "compassionate" or "humane" animal agriculture.  There's no such thing.  John Mackey has co-opted the word "vegan" and the AR movement as a means toward making bigger profits.  That's my opinion.  I think it's pretty clear what's going on.

#6 Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Oh okay. I understand what you are saying. No, there isn't such a thing as humane meat.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page