#1 Old 12-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

I just found out about it. I will be trying it soon:

http://awesomevegan2go.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

That's great. I'm going to have to check that place out. The menu sounds great! Thanks for posting.
#3 Old 12-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Veggie Regular

It looks like too much fake meat for my taste, but maybe I'll go try it out next time I'm in the Charlotte area. (Which could be as early as next week)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

A Creative Loafing online article says it's take-out only. I think that will severely hurt their business.
#5 Old 05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned

Today, I finally got around to trying it. I thought its was fantastic. I had the Cajun Tofu Strips and the Philly Cheesesteak. The Tofu Strips had a very good flavor, but they were not overpowering. The Cheesesteak was just plain delicious. My friend's wife got the Fish & Chips. I tried a bite of the fish and I thought it tasted like fish, but she said it didn't taste like fish. Then again, I haven't had fish in over a decade and I never even liked it. Then we all took a bite off of two desserts: a slice of chocolate cake and a slice of cheesecake topped with blueberries. The desserts were just decent, not as good as the food.

It definitely is take out only. They have some cool posters. They have the vegan food pyramid, 100 reasons to go vegan, a vegetarian list of ingredient substitutes and a poster of healing herbs & what they do. And a poster of Bob Marley. They have a display with free pamphlets talking about animal welfare/veg*nism.

It's a nice feeling walking in to a restaurant and being able to order ANYTHING on the menu...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page