New York Places to see in New York City? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I had seen the Statue of Liberty relatively recently and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. I'm hoping to go to New York City again for a few days in the Spring, but I'm not sure which places. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

There is an awful lot to do. My Mom liked opera, and I saw maybe 6 with her. But usually I went on the train or bus with her and then did something else while she saw the opera.

What interests do you have? There are a lot of museums of course; I've been to the Metropolitan Museum of History and Art twice (several decades apart), and also to the Museum Of Modern Art. But I don't know that much about art and have mostly been to concerts.

Oh yeah... I went to a Mets game once (the year after they won the Worlds' Series back in the 80's)

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#3 Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

There is an awful lot to do. My Mom liked opera, and I saw maybe 6 with her. But usually I went on the train or bus with her and then did something else while she saw the opera.

What interests do you have? There are a lot of museums of course; I've been to the Metropolitan Museum of History and Art twice (several decades apart), and also to the Museum Of Modern Art. But I don't know that much about art and have mostly been to concerts.

Oh yeah... I went to a Mets game once (the year after they won the Worlds' Series back in the 80's)

I'd definitely look at the art exhibits, but this could be anything. I hear there is an aquarium that is very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Metropolitan Museum of Art is tops. Bronx Botanical Gardens. The New York Aquarium is also a fantastic idea. It's in Brooklyn (a little far out) but you can get there on the F train.

A lot of touristy things I haven't done because I've lived in Manhattan all my life, but typically one goes to a Broadway show or one of the numerous comedy clubs in Times Sq.

And check out these veggie restaurants:

Blossom Gourmet Vegan

Candle 79

Curly's Vegetarian Lunch (actually *AHIMSA* told me about this place, and I'm probably like their biggest patron now...they have a 'bacon ranch' dressing that is VEGAN, believe it or not, I'd sell my first born for it)

I'll see if I can think of other things. Enjoy your trip, and if you need a tour guide...well, I'm available.
#5 Old 01-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccolichick View Post

Metropolitan Museum of Art is tops. Bronx Botanical Gardens. The New York Aquarium is also a fantastic idea. It's in Brooklyn (a little far out) but you can get there on the F train.

A lot of touristy things I haven't done because I've lived in Manhattan all my life, but typically one goes to a Broadway show or one of the numerous comedy clubs in Times Sq.

And check out these veggie restaurants:

Blossom Gourmet Vegan

Candle 79

Curly's Vegetarian Lunch (actually *AHIMSA* told me about this place, and I'm probably like their biggest patron now...they have a 'bacon ranch' dressing that is VEGAN, believe it or not, I'd sell my first born for it)

I'll see if I can think of other things. Enjoy your trip, and if you need a tour guide...well, I'm available.

Thanks. I've also heard about one of the places where you can see the universe. I can't remember the name right now. One of my parents' friends went there and loved it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page