New York Random trip to new york - will it be festive? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello all you lovely New Yorkers.

I'm about to book a flight to NYC for the 28th November to the 4th December. I'm going for several reasons, one of which is for a bit of christmas spirit, will New York be festive at that time? Seeing as it's only just the beginning of December? May seem like a Silly question but I thought I should probably check. Also has anyone got any tips for things i have to see/do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned

i bet it will be. we had a santa parade here today over the water in ontario, and its snowing already. xmas stuff shows up round here the minute halloween is over, if not before.
#3 Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

You could go down to Rockefeller Center and see the Christmas Tree Lighting Dec 3rd and ice skate (visit Teuscher's for some very chocolate -- ask about dairy if you're vegan). You could go to Macy's and see all of their Christmas things and visit Santa like in the Miracle on 34th St. You could go to Radio City Music Hall and see the Rockettes and their Christmas show. Window shopping down 5th ave, all the lights in Time's Square. There should be plenty of holiday related things to do, as well as all the "normal" NY stuff!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-16-2008, 05:45 PM

It should definitely be festive. Have fun!
#5 Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Well I booked my flight! I'm So crazily excited! I get to see my friend who's halfway through her round the world trip and I haven't seen her since March so it's going to be great!! I'm like a small kid at the moment I feel like jumping for joy and not sitting still for the next week and a bit!

Can anyone give me any vegan places I have to goto? Cafe's, restaurants, wholefood shops? Anything! I want to pig out on yummy vegan food for 5 days and see everything.
#6 Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

My bf and I went to Cafe Blossom last time we were in the city (My parents live in the 'burbs outside of Manhattan) and it was really awesome! I've had a lot of good meals at Zen Palate. Candle Cafe and Candle 79 are both supposed to be great but they're both really expensive. You can get vegan goodies at babycakes. You'll have a great time.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page