New Mexico Las Cruces? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in LC, the college town, I just moved here... I know most of the new mexicans here live in Albuqurque(weird spelling there..) or santa fe. anyone a little more south?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi Spaz.... Albuquerque here, but if you find out any good things vegetarian about Las Cruces, be sure to share!
#3 Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Spaz, I noticed you are from Deming - I can't imagine a tougher place to be a veggie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi. I too live in lovely LC and used to live in Deming. This is quite an improvement isnt it? The shopping alone is reason to move. Better selection of vegetarian items in the grocers and the veg friendly restaurant dishes are wonderful. I bet you've been to International Delights by now, its a huge college draw. The veg dishes there are delicious.
#5 Old 11-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

LavenderBoozer: that's good to hear. I typically don't have any reason to go to LC, but I do like the occasional random trip and seeing what LC has for vegetarian people would be a good enough reason for me to break away on a weekend trip.
#6 Old 11-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

froggy- c'mon down! There are numerous (ethnic & traditional)restaurants with veg offerings. Obviously International Delights (1245 El Paseo rd)is high on my list but there are a lot of great places with veg friendly menus, particularly near the college.
#7 Old 11-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

There are veg*ns in las cruces??

Ive stayed there a few time when travelling east. We'd stay at my friends (hes from so cal) grand parents place.

I always remember it being a pretty small town, maybe im wrong!

I loved being able to see the mounatinas in the back ground, awesome.
#8 Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Just moved to Santa Fe a few months ago!! :]
#9 Old 11-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Feel like coming down to Albuquerque for a vegetarian Thanksgiving feast this weekend? Here's a link to the event: http://www.meetup.com/ABQVEG/calendar/11790914/

In Santa Fe, you're also pretty close to an active raw community that is having an event right on Thanksgiving: http://www.meetup.com/rawfoodsnm/?a=fd_new_member_grp
#10 Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Las Cruces is a a college town, the second largest city in NM now, I think. There is a wide variety of ethnic places serving veg*n dishes. We have a good size and active Pagan community as well as a huge immigrant sector who bring interesting foods and activites to the mix. Although there is a predominance of mexican eateries (many are very good about only cooking with EVO & canola oils and not having pork/animal products in stuff like refried beans). While it is a mexican border community, we are by no means backward or out of the loop. I attribute the rise in veg*n foods to the college and its varied ethnicities.
#11 Old 11-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Las Cruces is a a college town, the second largest city in NM now, I think. There is a wide variety of ethnic places serving veg*n dishes. We have a good size and active Pagan community as well as a huge immigrant sector who bring interesting foods and activites to the mix. Although there is a predominance of mexican eateries (many are very good about only cooking with EVO & canola oils and not having pork/animal products in stuff like refried beans), there is almost no end to the varieties of munchies available. While it is a mexican border community, we are by no means backward or out of the loop. I attribute the rise in veg*n foods to the college and its varied ethnicities.
#12 Old 11-24-2009, 03:09 PM

HI guys, just outside of LAs Cruces myself in Anthony! Nice to see some local people on here!
#13 Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolabunny23 View Post

Just moved to Santa Fe a few months ago!! :]

We'll have to have lunch next time I drag Froggy to Santa Fe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should stop by Casa Del Toro Bed & Breakfast in downtown SF sometime - their weekday breakfast chef is a good friend of mine. Her name is Mariela and she is the MOST.AMAZING.VEGAN.AND.RAW.COOK.EVER. She can give you all sorts of info about vegetarian options in and around Santa Fe and she's just about the sweetest person you'll ever meet!!!
#14 Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanie View Post

There are veg*ns in las cruces??

Ive stayed there a few time when travelling east. We'd stay at my friends (hes from so cal) grand parents place.

I always remember it being a pretty small town, maybe im wrong!

I loved being able to see the mounatinas in the back ground, awesome.

There are more than a few veg*ns in Las Cruces. In fact, back in the late 1800s, the town was home to a sizeable group of veg*n pacifists: http://www.libertini.net/liberta_eats/wordpress/?p=283
#15 Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello elisamarie!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page