New Mexico Albuquerque Vegetarian Groups - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

If you're in Albuquerque, you've got a little more comradery than you might realize. There are numerous vegetarian groups who like to meet on a monthly basis or even more often. The people in these groups are some of the nicest people I've ever met, and they all have their own interesting ideas.

If you are running or starting a group of your own in Albuquerque, please post it here. If you've attended functions in these groups, share your thoughts!

ABQVEG: I am the organizer for this fantastic Meetup.com group. We get together and have potlucks or vegetarian barbecues. On occasions such as Earth Day and the Solar Fiesta, we'll set up a booth and talk about how a vegetarian diet helps the environment. I love our atmosphere, which is light and happy. Our website -- which is in its infancy at the moment -- is ABQVEG.org.

ABQ RAW!: Kaylee Tejeda and I have talked a few times, just in case you notice the similarity in our organizational names. I copied my name from him. Kaylee and his partner in crime Leslie run an awesome monthly raw potluck. The dishes that show up at these potlucks are remarkably yummy and creative. Raw chocolate mousse made with fresh coconut milk... Raw spaghetti with a sun-dried tomato sauce... Brazil nut curry... I could just go on. Get your own dish ready and come on over to ABQ RAW!

VSNM (The Vegetarian Society of New Mexico) is a group that predates my own, and is full of a lot of good people. Among the group's past activities are restaurant outings, setting up booths at activism events, and large holiday potlucks. VSNM.org

UNMVEG: Kaylee Tejeda also runs this group at the University of New Mexico. You can ask him about it and their current activities by contacting him through the ABQ RAW! group's website.

Did we miss your group? Have you attended these groups' functions? How did you like them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

bump!
#3 Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 AM
Banned

Welcome to our Albuquerque Restaurant. Here you will find the latest reviews from locals just like you and you'll also hear from seasoned travelers recommending their hidden gems. Check out the best restaurants around the Albuquerque area to your right. To your left you'll find options to browse our restaurants by cuisines or choose another popular surrounding city.

----------------------------------

Bobwilliams

New Mexico Drug Treatment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page