New Mexico - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyone else from New Mexico?
#3 Old 08-19-2003, 02:34 PM

I'm moving to Ruidoso sometime before November. I believe it's 50 miles west of Roswell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-24-2003, 09:55 PM

#5 Old 08-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I like Ruidoso and that area...mostly, I guess, because when I lived in Las Cruces going up in the mountains to get out of the summer heat was sort of liking dying and going to heaven!
#6 Old 08-26-2003, 01:36 AM
Beginner

i live in albuquerque
#7 Old 08-26-2003, 11:49 PM

I don't think I've ever visited Las Cruces. I have an aunt in Albuquerque. I may visit there more often, when I move to Ruidoso.
#8 Old 09-19-2003, 12:14 PM

I'm in Ruidoso, now. A chick at the health food store told me there's a Ruidoso veggie club around here somewhere. I need to go talk to some lady at a yoga studio to find out more. I'll try to get us some more New Mexican VBers, but most of the people here don't do the internet thing.
#9 Old 01-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi! We may be moving to albuquerque in the summer. Whats the veggie scence like out there? Are there a lot of health food stores around?
#10 Old 02-04-2004, 02:09 PM

There's plenty of little stores and a couple Whole Foods, around. All of the restaurants I've gone to, there, have been more than accommodating.No worries, Albuquerque's cool.
#11 Old 02-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I are New Mexican!
#12 Old 03-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post

This thread or Ruidoso?
#13 Old 03-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm excited! I discovered the Annapurna Chai House today! It's an Ayurvedic vegan place, with some vegetarian items available, but no meat (anywhere in the restaurant -- woohoo!). The food is quite yummy, and not overpriced. My only complaint is that need more "full meals" to go along with their ala carte items. Maybe with a greater influx of customers.

Blue Dragon is another good place, but they do tend to be overpriced. :P
#14 Old 04-01-2004, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

This thread or Ruidoso?

This thread.
#15 Old 05-21-2004, 02:23 PM

hey everyone! this thread seems to be kindof slow, which is sad to me...im from florida but im moving to white sands area soon,...its like 40 miles i think from las cruces

anyone near me??
#16 Old 06-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Albuquerque too. There used to be a great Vietnamese restaurant neaby me but it closed recently. They had lots of awesone tofu dishes and vegan spring rolls. I went to the new Annupurna location a few months ago, but Auryvedic food is a little blandish for my tastes. Anyone been to 20 carrots cafe on central? Like half of their dishes are chicken or fish but what they do have is good. They have like four different styles of hotdogs (Boca i think, not vegan) that come with mixed veggie chips and a pickle for under 4$. I had the chili dog when I went there and I have been hankering for another one.

Oh! if you call ahead to Fresh Choices (small Italian buffet style) on central they will make you a vegan pizza. They also have a salad bar, (unbuttered) bread, and pasta, but ususally only one or two veg*n sauce options. But it's only like 6$ for dinner, so it's worth it if you get the pizza. They have a coupon in the Entertainment Book too.
#17 Old 06-26-2004, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina123 View Post

hey everyone! this thread seems to be kindof slow, which is sad to me...im from florida but im moving to white sands area soon,...its like 40 miles i think from las cruces

anyone near me??

Yeah, I'm about 50 miles from Alamogordo. Just up the hill.
#18 Old 07-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Mosquito: The Twenty Carrots is okay. I get tired of its fare pretty quickly. I went to the India Palace tonight, but don't go very often due to $$$. The garlic naan is still on my tongue.
#19 Old 07-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I haven't gotten tired of 20 carrots yet as I've only been there once, and it was like five months ago, and no-one will ever go with me. Where is the India Palace?

I've gotta say I've had some baaaaaad experiences with restaurants here. I've been to several that had a serious lack of veggie options.
#20 Old 07-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I've managed to maneuver well, even though I tend to reject a lot of Chinese places... They insult my intelligence by implying that if I don't see the meat, it is not there.

The India Palace is on Montgomery and Wyoming right across from the Vitamin Cottage.

Another good place is the Chinese Restaurant behind the Olive Garden on Copper and Juan Tabo. Ask for the owner when you go in, and explain to him that you are vegetarian. They keep very little vegetarian fare on the buffet, but if you explain that you're vegetarian to him, he will instruct the cooks not to use any animal broth in your dishes. If we get enough vegetarians going to this restaurant, they are quite likely to mark dishes on the buffet as vegetarian and offer more vegetarian fare. The owner's attitude towards veggies is quite positive!
#21 Old 07-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi everyone. I used to live in Albuquerque many years ago. Does anyone remember Mary Moon's? It closed down, I believe. I also used to go to Double Rainbow for some veggie/vegan options. I miss New Mexico. What a magical place!
#22 Old 07-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermonkey View Post

Hi everyone. I used to live in Albuquerque many years ago. Does anyone remember Mary Moon's? It closed down, I believe. I also used to go to Double Rainbow for some veggie/vegan options. I miss New Mexico. What a magical place!

By the way, just in case you're having trouble finding the Double Rainbow when you come back, they are now called "Flying Star". They also have a new coffee joint out called the "Satellite Cafe". You can still get a fresh fruit tart there if you want.
#23 Old 07-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

By the way, just in case you're having trouble finding the Double Rainbow when you come back, they are now called "Flying Star". They also have a new coffee joint out called the "Satellite Cafe". You can still get a fresh fruit tart there if you want.

Wow, really? I did notice the last time that I was there (2000) that the environment was changing...becoming more yuppieish. I used to live and go to the one near the Co-op back in 1996-97. Where's the Satellite Cafe located?
#24 Old 07-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermonkey View Post

Wow, really? I did notice the last time that I was there (2000) that the environment was changing...becoming more yuppieish. I used to live and go to the one near the Co-op back in 1996-97. Where's the Satellite Cafe located?

There's one on Pennsylvania and Montgomery. It's shaped like a Starbucks and intended to compete directly with them.
#25 Old 09-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Hoss Restaurant alert!

For those of us on the East side of Albuquerque, they've opened up an Annapurna Chai House on Juan Tabo. The only non-vegan food item you're going to find in the restaurant is milk in your chai tea. So ask for soy chai!

Not only is Annapurna vegan, but they are also Ayurvedic. They do not use onions in the food, drinks are served either warm or at room temperature. Generally, you will come away from a meal feeling very good. Ayurveda is good for your health and well-being.

There are also Annapurna locations on Yale and San Mateo. The location on Yale serves the Sunday Brunch every Sunday. I think one of the items is a banana crepe (this is not your IHOP faire, trust me), and I am soooooooooo thinking of having it this Sunday.
#26 Old 12-09-2004, 04:24 PM

oh. wee. I'm in hobbs. no one lives even remotely close to hobbs(nor do I blame them)
#27 Old 12-16-2004, 10:08 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in Albq. Where do people in albq. live. Heights? Downtown. I live on Wyoming in front of the KAFB gate. We should have a vegan party and get to meet each other.
#28 Old 12-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I live the NE Heights, but I drive very close to your area all the time.
#29 Old 12-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInCircuit View Post

oh. wee. I'm in hobbs. no one lives even remotely close to hobbs(nor do I blame them)

I was born there, and I drive through there 1-2 times a year.
#30 Old 12-17-2004, 04:14 PM

I LOVE Flying Star!!!!!!!!! My mom and I went there the other night for dinner. I had some pasta thing. I don't remember what it was called but it was really good.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page