Are you ready for August 2011? Upcoming Events & News for Vegas Veg! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Dear Vegas Veg members and future members (wink wink),

Thank you for being a part of our exciting and growing group of vegans, vegetarians, and veg-friendly folks in Las Vegas. Every time you choose vegan you are making a difference for animals, the planet, and even your own health! Thank you.

UPCOMING EVENTS - August 2011

August 9 - Raw Food Prep Class by Chef Stacey Dougan at Whole Foods Town Square at 6pm.

August 11 - Dinner at Mantra Masala at 7pm. Host: Ina

August 13 - Best Friends at the Bystro at 6pm. Host: Tami

August 14 - Vegan Donuts at Ronalds at 10am. Host: Ed

August 24 - Vegas Vegan Drinks at Yayo Taco at 7pm. Host: Ed and/or Elaine

August 29 - Vegan leafleting at UNLV at 11:30 with me, Elaine

August 30 - Leaflet at CSN with Elaine

More events coming!!!

NEWS

The Vegans In Vegas has a fanstatic recap video from the conference. Check it out here: ...

Ed, Ina, and I attended the Animal Rights Conference in LA along with many other animal advocates. I took notes and have begun to publish them on my vegan website, Vegan Soapbox. If you'd like to read the notes they are here: vegansoapbox.com/topics/ar2011

VegFund has a new project called VegVids.com where they share a wide variety of videos relating to veganism.

Peter Singer has a new popular article up right now about progress of the AR movement. You can read it here: http://globalpublicsq...

Our local vegan-friendly ice cream shop Atomic #7 was featured on the cover of Desert Companion with a tasty vegan mint chip ice cream!

Starbucks has a new vegan food option: Sesame Noodles Bistro Box.

VOLUNTEER?

If you would like to host an event, please email me at [email protected]

I would like to start up a leafleting crew to go on Las Vegas Boulevard and Fremont Street on the weekends and evenings. If you are interested, please email me. See my email address above.

Again, thanks for all you do to help animals or protect the environment. You're doing a good thing!

Take care,

Elaine
vegasveg.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Will you be handing out leaflets about all the vegan restaurants and cafes in Vegas?
Preferably on the 31st, outside the MGM Grand?
By any chance???
Please???!

We arrive in Vegas on the evening of the 30th August, so we'll be looking for info about where to eat..
#3 Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie54321 View Post

We arrive in Vegas on the evening of the 30th August, so we'll be looking for info about where to eat..

Steve Wynn is vegan, so if you want to eat there, that's not far from the MGM. I ate at the Strattus (sp?) and it was nice. I am not vegan, so I just ordered off the regular menu. All of the restaurants at Wynn properties have a vegan menu if you ask for it.

What's the occasion for your visit?
#5 Old 08-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

http://www.vegasveg.com/food.html

Thanks Elaine, I've bookmarked that now.
#6 Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

Steve Wynn is vegan, so if you want to eat there, that's not far from the MGM. I ate at the Strattus (sp?) and it was nice. I am not vegan, so I just ordered off the regular menu. All of the restaurants at Wynn properties have a vegan menu if you ask for it.

What's the occasion for your visit?

I had heard of Steve Wynn but didn't know where his hotels were on the strip. It's my first visit to vegas so I will have to do some research soon.

Occasion? Holiday - we are in Santa Monica/LA first for a week - and from what I have read there will be loads of choice there for vegan food. I have heard that a lot of the hotels have buffet meals, but I am reluctant to pay for a full buffet meal if we have a very limited choice of food there (we are a party of 6 all vegetarian/vegan). So ideally I am looking for restaurants and cafes that cater mainly for veggie-people. I'll be printing off the page that Elaine sent me to, and taking it with me!
#7 Old 08-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Wynn's hotel is called Wynn
#8 Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Wynn's hotel is called Wynn

)

Yeah, I thought as much

I need to check where we are located on the strip compared to other hotels and restaurants - I have been told that it is a long way from one end of the Strip to the other - I'm not sure whether this is true, or whether the person who told me was just lazy (on trip advisor) !

Maybe I will bump into some of the leaflet-delivering vegan bods while I'm out there - I'll look out for you all anyway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page