Missouri - Page 5 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#121 Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Wow! 5 Spice? Buddhist Feast?--------- Thank you, I will be making dinner plans before I even get there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 Old 03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I believe they'll make any of their dishes with tofu instead of meat, too, but I can't vouch for the vegan-ness of the sauces or anything... I love the Buddhist Feast so much I've never had a reason to try anything else! (My omni boyfriend loves it, too.)
#123 Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Scafe View Post

I will be heading to Springfield soon to visit family. Anyone near there or can recommend a place to eat?

I was there just two weekends ago and not much to choose from. I agree with Ripvanfish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#124 Old 01-11-2010, 04:07 PM

*wave*

Hello all, vegetarian from Columbia. I grew up in the Ozarks, and am glad to have far more vegetarian options up here.
#125 Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 PM

I am from the Kansas City/Independence area, but I go to school at Northwest Missouri State In Maryville.
#126 Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 AM

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead! I'm from the Lee's Summit/Independence area

I haven't found much in the way of genuinely good vegetarian eating, but I ADORE Eden Alley in the Plaza. It's 30 minutes away from me but I still manage to go once a month or so, haha.

"Don't you know we are the roots that hold this tree, feeding the branches and all of it's leaves."

#127 Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Live in Ballwin, MO at the moment.

Started on a Veg*n journey on March 6th, 2011, and loving every minute of it!
#128 Old 05-22-2011, 06:50 AM

Springfield here.. and there really isn't much for options. Most of the Thai restaurants have a few veg dishes, and some of the other Asian establishments. We USED to have a vegan restaurant.... that's right. One. It flopped, though, due to lack of business. A couple of restaurants have some veg dishes as well (i.e., Springfield Brewing Company has a Greek pasta that's veg, a Mediterranean pizza, and a veggie flatbread sandwich..all three have feta cheese, and the sandwich also has swiss, but you can order them without... and I wouldn't necessarily trust the flatbread... its cooked on the same flattop as every other hot sandwich, and some of the employees don't really care. They'll straight up cook the veggies in the same area, with leftover food debris, that they just cooked a philly cheesesteak or a french dip in.. even saw one guy use au jus to cook the veggies faster. I used to work there, so I know this firsthand) It's pretty much impossible to stick to a veggie diet and eat out in Springfield. Your best bet is to make sure you're staying somewhere with a kitchen!
#129 Old 07-26-2011, 02:43 PM

I'm in KC, actually in Independence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page