Missouri - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I was raised in KCMO. Moved around a bit. Recently had lunch with my dad at - I think it was called - Lula's Thai. He works downtown KCMO, lives in Shawnee, KS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-29-2005, 03:26 AM

I'm from St. Louis. I'm stuck in Charleston right now though, but I'm trying to get back. (Or at least to Scott AFB which is close enough)
#33 Old 07-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm from KC, born & raised!

Anyone in or near Kansas City, visit www.VegKC.com. My friends run the whole thing, and every month we have lil' vegan potlucks (in which I bring the best food...hehehe...) We also have a veg*n meetup once a month, and those are pretty cool. vegan.meetup.com/4 and vegetarian.meetup.com/14

So, if you're in KC and you're looking for a local veg*n group to hang with, this is it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 10-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow this thread is dead!

I'll be visiting St. Louis in April, 2006.
#35 Old 10-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

Wow this thread is dead!

I'll be visiting St. Louis in April, 2006.

You sure do plan ahead! Whats bringing you to STL? I only know of four of 'us' that live here. Unfortunately, two of those people are no longer VB-ers.
#36 Old 10-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Arbonne is holding their National Training Conference there. Beware, the city will be taken over with gorgeous women!
#37 Old 10-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Baby Love

Oh no! I may just have to hide at home that day
#38 Old 11-29-2005, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

I was raised in KCMO. Moved around a bit. Recently had lunch with my dad at - I think it was called - Lula's Thai. He works downtown KCMO, lives in Shawnee, KS.

I just saw this. What part of KCMO were you around? I love downtown KC. I still get lost after all these years, lol. Did you go to high school or grade school around here? I went to Truman High. Yes, it was a very high school, lol

I know the Shawnee area a little bit. What does your dad do dowtown?
#39 Old 02-18-2006, 02:36 PM

I live in St. Louis.
#40 Old 02-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in St. Louis as well.
#41 Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 PM

I live in South County/Mehlville, but it's still St. Louis.
#42 Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone here ever been to Pita +? Like... 1/2 of their menu is vegan-friendly, without being mock anything. It isn't all up on the wall with the rest of the menu, some of it you have to ask for.

But seriously, Pita += the best falafel in the freakin' universe.
#43 Old 04-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowDancer View Post

Has anyone here ever been to Pita +? Like... 1/2 of their menu is vegan-friendly, without being mock anything. It isn't all up on the wall with the rest of the menu, some of it you have to ask for.

But seriously, Pita += the best falafel in the freakin' universe.

Hmm. I don't think I've ever seen one. Are there any in St. Louis?
#44 Old 06-08-2006, 09:18 PM

St. Louis, born and raised. I just recently moved to House Springs, which isn't too far away from STL.

Just recently I paid a visit to Eternity Vegetarian Deli & Juice Bar. It's on Euclid. Cool place.. all their items are vegan-friendly If you go there, be sure to get a berry smoothie! It's delicious! Anyone else here eaten there?
#45 Old 06-09-2006, 05:52 AM
Baby Love

Several of us Vbers have been to Eternity There was a VB get-together in STL so we all had to try the place out. I'll probably be there again this weekend. My favorite is the kale!
#46 Old 06-18-2006, 08:14 AM

i just moved back to mid mo...this is the first time living here since going vegan...i can't find anything here...anyone know of anything near the higginsville area...stores and such...

i went into the grocery store here and asked them to carry chick peas...they look at me like i am crazy..they had no idea what they were

lol i am beginning to think i am the only one in the area.
#47 Old 06-18-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koti View Post

i just moved back to mid mo...this is the first time living here since going vegan...i can't find anything here...anyone know of anything near the higginsville area...stores and such...

i went into the grocery store here and asked them to carry chick peas...they look at me like i am crazy..they had no idea what they were

lol i am beginning to think i am the only one in the area.

My husband was raised in Higginsville. Small town meat people. Sorry, you are not going to find much. Jump on I-70 west for 40 minutes and hit KC. You will have better luck.

Go to the grocery store on Fairground Ave. Ask for Rick. See if he can help you cuz he owns the grocery store. (that is in higginsville and see if that works.)
#48 Old 06-19-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettling View Post

My husband was raised in Higginsville. Small town meat people. Sorry, you are not going to find much. Jump on I-70 west for 40 minutes and hit KC. You will have better luck.

Go to the grocery store on Fairground Ave. Ask for Rick. See if he can help you cuz he owns the grocery store. (that is in higginsville and see if that works.)

lol...i'll have to go ask for rick if he can help because i don't have a car to go to kc lol...i was hoping that there would be something in warrensburg...

and yes they are like alllllllll meat eaters around here...i bought tofu the other day and the cashier looked at me and told me that she has never seen anyone buy that before...she thought it had to do with absorbing smells in the produce section
#49 Old 06-19-2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koti View Post

lol...i'll have to go ask for rick if he can help because i don't have a car to go to kc lol...i was hoping that there would be something in warrensburg...

and yes they are like alllllllll meat eaters around here...i bought tofu the other day and the cashier looked at me and told me that she has never seen anyone buy that before...she thought it had to do with absorbing smells in the produce section

lol, I forgot to mention Warrensburg last night also. Just a big college town and maybe not much. The hours I have to spend in Higginsville makes me crazy!
#50 Old 06-23-2006, 09:29 PM

Chesterfield, Missouri here. There's a Pita + just down the road from me, although I had NO idea what it was until you mentioned it. I thought for sure it was an electronics store, haha.
#51 Old 06-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept View Post

Chesterfield, Missouri here. There's a Pita + just down the road from me, although I had NO idea what it was until you mentioned it. I thought for sure it was an electronics store, haha.

Are you freaking kidding me? I just moved out of Chesterfield in to the city. Considering the small population of Chesterfield its interesting that we've have several VBs from the area.
#52 Old 06-24-2006, 09:45 AM

Yep, it's not even three minutes away from me now. It's right off of Olive in a strip mall with Happy China (?), Dobbs, and a bunch of other stores. Where do you live now?
#53 Old 06-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Baby Love

I just moved to South City STL. I lived off Baxter, near the mall, for two years. Its definately a nice area, just not good for a daily commute downtown.
#54 Old 06-24-2006, 09:52 AM

Ahhhh, yeah, definitely. I used to commute from Wright City all the way down to the St. Louis Science Center when I was an intern there. That was horrid.
#55 Old 06-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Baby Love

Blech. I'm not sure exactly where Wright City is, but I know its not close to the Science Center. Seems like all your intern money would be spent on gas. Hopefully, the experience was worth it! I'm very happy to be able to avoid highway 40 and the area near the science center on most days. Another benefit to the move is that I'm only 5-10 minutes from Eternity Cafe now. One of these day I'm going to drag my mother there. She volunteered in the past. I'll have to finally cash in on that offer
#56 Old 06-24-2006, 10:05 AM

Oh, yes, Wright City is absolutely no where near the Science Center. It's about 10 minutes further west of Wentzville. And what intern money? It was unpaid.

Anyway, I'll have to check out that Eternity Cafe place. Do they have a website or anything?
#57 Old 06-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Baby Love

Eek. I hope it was at least fun.

I haven't seen a website for Eternity Cafe, but they have a map and info on happycow.net : http://www.happycow.net/north_americ...uis/index.html
#58 Old 06-24-2006, 10:16 AM

Thanks!
#59 Old 06-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Baby Love

You're welcome.
#60 Old 06-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Administrator

*cough*lasagna*cough*

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page