Semo vegan/vegetarians? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By VeganWytch

#1 Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to cassafrassy
Semo vegan/vegetarians?

Are there any vegans or vegetarians in the Southeast Missouri area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2017, 09:05 PM

Hey there! I'm new to the southeast of Missouri. Well.. I'm new to Missouri all together.

Live life with magic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 11-28-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganWytch View Post
Hey there! I'm new to the southeast of Missouri. Well.. I'm new to Missouri all together.
Hello! How is SEMO treating you? I hope you like it here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-29-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassafrassy View Post
Hello! How is SEMO treating you? I hope you like it here!
It's defiantly different than Connecticut! So far I'm actually enjoying it though!

How long have you been vegan/vegetarian, if you don't mind asking?

Live life with magic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 12-05-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
It's defiantly different than Connecticut! So far I'm actually enjoying it though!

How long have you been vegan/vegetarian, if you don't mind asking?
Well, I'm still trying to transition, honestly. I've been finding it a little difficult because my fiance is a meat eater and we, too, are on a budget so it's been hard to buy separate groceries. I've been trying to get different recipes for vegetarian foods that we both like and slowly kind of integrate it into our diet, if that makes sense.
#6 Old 12-08-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm still trying to transition, honestly. I've been finding it a little difficult because my fiance is a meat eater and we, too, are on a budget so it's been hard to buy separate groceries. I've been trying to get different recipes for vegetarian foods that we both like and slowly kind of integrate it into our diet, if that makes sense.
You just described my situation! My partner is 100% meat and dairy eater, luckily very supportive of me though!

I'm not sure about vegetarian meals, but some really good vegan youtubers , with recipes, I've been watching lately are:
1. CheapLazyVegan
2. Caitlin Shoemaker
3. Jason Wrobel (not been subscribed to him for long, but her has good information)
4. Monami Frost (you'll have to search through her videos to really find recipes)
I'm always looking for more.

There is a store in Mountian Grove, MO (not sure how close you are to the town) called Meadowbrook Natural Foods. Apparently they've been in business for 3 years.. I haven't shopped there myself, but I stopped by to see what they have.. Pleasantly surprised! A lot of things you can buy in bulk for reasonable prices! They also informed me that if you don't see something they can order it! One of the best finds I've discovered!

Ps. Sorry for the late response. The wifi where I am isn't the best.

Live life with magic!

#7 Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM

I will check out those YouTubers now, thanks! I've never heard of the town Mountain Grove. I live in Poplar Bluff. Kroger has a pretty decent selection of vegan foods, and there are a lot of vegans that come through my line. If you have a Kroger in your area, they have a lot of really good deals on seasonal fruits and veggies, so that helps with the budget.

Also, I just found a YouTube video you might be interested in. It's called "5 Italian vegan meals for under $5 (budget-friendly)".

Last edited by cassafrassy; 12-09-2017 at 11:08 AM.
#8 Old 12-09-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I will check out those YouTubers now, thanks! I've never heard of the town Mountain Grove. I live in Poplar Bluff. Kroger has a pretty decent selection of vegan foods, and there are a lot of vegans that come through my line. If you have a Kroger in your area, they have a lot of really good deals on seasonal fruits and veggies, so that helps with the budget.

Also, I just found a YouTube video you might be interested in. It's called "5 Italian vegan meals for under $5 (budget-friendly)".
I looked up Kroger.. Closest one is 50/60 miles away lol!

I did watch that video last night! I also like the mexican meals for under $5!

Live life with magic!

#9 Old 12-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I looked up Kroger.. Closest one is 50/60 miles away lol!

I did watch that video last night! I also like the mexican meals for under $5!
Aww, that's a bummer about the lack of Kroger! I'm glad you got some ideas from the video. I figured you might ☺
#10 Old 12-10-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Aww, that's a bummer about the lack of Kroger! I'm glad you got some ideas from the video. I figured you might ☺
Yeah! Youtube is rather helpful if you know what you're looking for! And through those youtubers I've found a lot more vegan recipes and other people to follow!
cassafrassy likes this.

Live life with magic!

#11 Old 01-01-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Are there any vegans or vegetarians in the Southeast Missouri area?
Hi! You might want to check out the Vegtravelbuddies website. It connects vegetarian and vegan travelers. You can use their search option to find other veg travelers heading to the same destination around the same time as you or to connect with locals who can meet up with you. Hope this helps.
#12 Old 01-02-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheganp View Post
Hi! You might want to check out the Vegtravelbuddies website. It connects vegetarian and vegan travelers. You can use their search option to find other veg travelers heading to the same destination around the same time as you or to connect with locals who can meet up with you. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the recommendation ☺

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in