vegetarian restaurants in Kansas City - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to be in Kansas City on Saturday and have been googling for vegetarian restaurants. I found this link of descriptions of veg restaurants there:
http://www.yelp.com/c/kansas-city-mo/vegetarian

The one that consistently pops up to the top of the lists is the Eden Alley Cafe. Has anyone here tried it or any of the other restaurants listed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 PM

Jerusalem Cafe has A LOT of veg options, especially if you dig Middle eastern food. They have been voted Best: Vegetarian, Hummus, Falafel, Middle Eastern, Buffet, and Value in KC for several years running. My bestie took me there for my birthday last Friday, and holy moly it was amazing. My suggestion: Falafel sammich, with the lentil soup, and mint tea. They have several veg platters, and a veg appetizer that's just BEAUTIFUL. We went to the location that has a hooka bar upstairs, 4021 Pennsylvania. It's located in Westport. Also there is Aladdin's, and The Olive Cafe around in the same area. There are also several Mongolian grills, Indian restaurants, and Vietnamese restaurants as well. Check out the City Market if you're feeling like Vietnamese or Ethiopian food!!
#3 Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

deleted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to be in Overland Park, Kansas. I did a mapquest directions from the addy there and Eden Alley, and it came up as less than 8 miles. That's pretty reasonable, and not far at all compared to my drive down from Omaha.
#5 Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned

deleted

#6 Old 04-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I've realized of course the food's gonna be excellent. KC is so known for its chefs that they named their football team after them. Here's a photo of a friend of mine who's from there.

#7 Old 04-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm back from KC. My aunt and I ate at Eden Alley Cafe. It was very good. It's in the basement of a church and there's an alternative products store sharing the basement with them. It was a laid-back atmosphere and the food was excellent and the people were really friendly. My aunt was familiar with it. She said she wanted us to go to the Bluebird next time, which she said was more upscale.
#8 Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

deleted
#9 Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Governor Stumpy's on Gregory and Oak serves some good vegetarian food. Their black bean burger is AWESOME and you can order any burger on their menu and substitute the patty for the black bean patty if you want. They also will make it vegan if you request it without cheese.

They also offer a variety of pizzas (with veg options) and pasta bowls (veg options again) and salads. They really have a nice selection of vegetarian items on their menu. It's not too expensive either. A pop, veggie burger and fries is just over ten bucks with tax there. And I would say it's MUCH better than Blanc Burgers (where they also have veggie burgers but you're going to spend about twice as much there.)

"I used to hate dogs 'til I saw one kill a kid." W.C. Fields
#10 Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM

I eat at Eden Alley's alot. I like Eden alley. I live in Independence (rock's throw form Kansas City). I'm active on yelp, and saw this thread. FUD is tiny, but good. We are having a yelp event on Friday at a new place that is vegan. I'm very excited.
#11 Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

What are the average prices at FUD? Is it expensive?
#12 Old 12-30-2011, 01:33 AM

I found Fud to be very reasonably priced. I believe that if you look at the menu on the website, it tells you the price

"Don't you know we are the roots that hold this tree, feeding the branches and all of it's leaves."

#13 Old 01-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, I'm so glad I wandered my way into the Missouri folder!! I'm going to Blanc Burgers with one of my friends tomorrow; I've been there before and loved it but this will be my first veg*n trip. I'm so relieved to see there are two veggie burger options! Which one is everyone's favorite, the lentil or the mushroom?

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#14 Old 01-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Banned

deleted
#15 Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Sadly, the mushroom isn't on the menu anymore. It was my favorite, but I suspect it was expensive for them to keep the fresh mushrooms on hand. I don't think any of the other ingredients on that burger were on anything else, either.

They replaced it with a vegan black bean burger. That one and the lentil are equally delicious, IMO.

I love that place, I go there a lot.

I went with the lentil burger today; the black bean one wasn't on the lunch menu for some reason. I don't think I've ever had lentils before but OMG it was so good!! I don't think missing beef is going to be a problem for me The homemade ketchup and chipotle aoli are my faveeee. and the onion rings. ohmigawd the onion rings

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#16 Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Banned

deleted
#17 Old 01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, it's not really a lunch 'menu', it's the regular one, but on the left side they have this column that says Quick Fix or something, and you get a choice of like 5 different burgers (lentil being the only veg*n one) and then a side of either regular fries, sweet potato fries, or onion rings for only $9.50 from like 11-3 during the week. It was excellent, but 2 complaints: 1) I didn't get the homemade pickle that comes otherwise and 2) the onion rings didn't come in the cute little shopping cart! I guess if those are my 2 biggest complaints then it's pretttttty good

What other veg friendly places do you like here? The only place I can even think of is this place called The Nutty Girl over by KU Medical Center (my dad works there). I've never been there but I think some co-workers dragged my dad there once years and years ago and he sees it as this 'weird' health-food place and affectionately calls it "The Bad-Tasting Food Girl"

#18 Old 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

deleted

#19 Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM

Eden Alley is great!  They have some very original gourmet items on the menu.  You can also take a look at http://www.herbanguide.com/?searchOps=vegetarian&radius=40234&location=kansas+city%2C+mo&pageNum=1 for some restaurants that list vegetarian items on their menus.  Sometimes, it can be hard when in such a BBQ-centric city.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page