Minnesota Where are you?? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Where are all the Minnesotans? I'm moving to South Minneapolis in July and need to know about all the delicous restaraunts I can frequent there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in Florida now but grew up in SW Minnesota. We have a friend who lives in Minneapolis who is vegan, so Jeremy will try to get a list of restaurants from him. We ate at a Chinese place near the University and at an Italian place the times we visited but I don't remember the names.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#3 Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 AM

South Minneapolis here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post

South Minneapolis here

Sweet! Where's all the good restaraunts?? I'm moving there in July. I'll be right on Minehaha Ave.
#5 Old 03-07-2008, 08:34 AM

No way—I live on Minnehaha Ave.! We can start a club!

Not sure what stage you're at, but I'm a new vegetarian (2 months and now pondering the vegan leap) and haven't yet tracked down a lot of veggie-specific places. The one I have been to is a raw-vegan place called Ecopolitan, which has some great stuff. Ironically, I haven't been there since going vegetarian.

There are lots of places around here that have good veggie options, though. The first one that comes to mind, practically in our neighborhood, is the Triple Rock Social Club. It's a bar and music venue that is very vegetarian/vegan friendly.
#6 Old 03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

i live next to a vegans dream im 2 blocks from lyndale and lake street. you have french meadow bakery (has vegetarians/vegan items) the ecopolitan (100%raw vegan), the wedge (grocery store) all on lyndale, ohh i forgot pizza luce and galactic pizza there on lyndale as well. pretty much any restaurant on or near the lyndale area will have vegetarian/vegan options available
#7 Old 03-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg*nrunner View Post

i live next to a vegans dream im 2 blocks from lyndale and lake street. you have french meadow bakery (has vegetarians/vegan items) the ecopolitan (100%raw vegan), the wedge (grocery store) all on lyndale, ohh i forgot pizza luce and galactic pizza there on lyndale as well. pretty much any restaurant on or near the lyndale area will have vegetarian/vegan options available

Oh man, I miss Pizza Luce SO bad!! I used to live in Duluth and I went there all the time but that was about 6 years ago. I'm so excited to move back to Minnesota!! Peace & Love!!
#8 Old 03-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

in case you didnt know

www.vegguide.org is hands down one of the best sites ive found. you can type in your address and it will give you restaurants within a certain radius of where you live
#9 Old 03-16-2008, 06:15 AM

I think I've heard of Vegguide, but never used it until now. Man, there are a lot of vegan-friendly places within just two miles of my zip code (probably Nickle00's new zip code, too) that I need to check out. (38, to be exact.)
#10 Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I live in NE Minnesota by Lake Superior, in Duluth area.  There is a vegan community up here although small and quiet.  Thankfully we have a Whole Foods Coop with lots of vegan fare, and although I rarely eat out, over the span of several years I have hit most of the restaurants that serve vegan options or can easily be veganized.  The Duluth Grill has a few vegan choices, as does Chester Creek Cafe.  We have a Pizza Luce up here too.  Taste of Saigon I have heard works with vegans though I haven't been there.  Downtown there is Zeitgarst Arts cafe though it's expensive.   Groceries up here are getting more aware of vegan products.  I wrote to Cub Foods a while back (over a year ago) about including soy free vegan SoDelicious coconut yogurt at their store since they didn't have any, but did have SoDelicious icecream.  I received an email by the manager that they would look into it and within a month it was on the shelves.  There used to be a place downtown that sold hemp products and ethical and environmental friendly paints and cleaning products but unfortunately they couldn't survive here and left.  :( 

I wonder if there are any other Minnesotan vegans around that are outside of the Twin Cities area?  It gets pretty lonely up here.  :)

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page