Minnesota - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 06-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Beginner

Hi, I'm in Minnesota too! Obviously.

Has anybody in the Twin Cities seen Dilberitos at the grocery store? I heard about them and looked at their website, and they're vegan and look pretty good and say they're carried at Lund's, Byerly's, and Cub, yet I've tried a bunch of locations of those stores and haven't found them yet. Has anybody seen them? And/or any reviews?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 06-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey MnVeggie, nice to see you in this forum I have seen those burritos before - I cannot recall where? Maybe Cub or Kowalskis? I haven't looked at them closely because I assumed they were not vegan.

Okay, wait....I just looked at the website (www.dilberito.com) and noticed that the packaging is different and they are now vegan - where they were not before. !!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely going to look for these because my husband would love them for work (especially great since they are fortified with all thoes vitamins and minerals and it's rare that he remembers to take his multi-vitamin)

I wonder if those stores still have the old product on their shelves? I should check Whole Foods too...
#63 Old 06-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnVeggie View Post

Hi, I'm in Minnesota too! Obviously.

Has anybody in the Twin Cities seen Dilberitos at the grocery store? I heard about them and looked at their website, and they're vegan and look pretty good and say they're carried at Lund's, Byerly's, and Cub, yet I've tried a bunch of locations of those stores and haven't found them yet. Has anybody seen them? And/or any reviews?

Thanks!

Hello! I haven't seen the Dilberitos yet, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for them now that I know they're out there. Thanks for sharing that they're vegan! I think I'll look for them at Byerly's tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 06-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Is anyone familiar with the local animal rights group Eco-Animal Allies? Their website is http://www.greenpeople.org/webpage.c...org&memid=3819. It looks like they have a table at some Gay Pride events this weekend. I won't be around for that, but if anyone knows of this group or finds information on this group, please share!
#65 Old 06-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetta View Post

Is anyone familiar with the local animal rights group Eco-Animal Allies? Their website is http://www.greenpeople.org/webpage.c...org&memid=3819. It looks like they have a table at some Gay Pride events this weekend. I won't be around for that, but if anyone knows of this group or finds information on this group, please share!

I'm not familiar with that group- but I am familiar with Compassionate Action for Animals. The group isn't huge but it is growing- and it isn't ALL college students, we have a variety of people in the group. The U of Minnesota chapter is currently looking for people to table/leaflet for them at Pride as well as a multitude of other events- and we love to see new faces!! If you're interested you can call them at 612-623-7615. Just leave a message if nobody answers. Be sure to leave your name and a number that they can reach you at! If you'd like, you can let them know that you got the number from Riely. That's me
#66 Old 06-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the info! I was just looking at the ca4a.org website yesterday, but it didn't look like it had been updated in awhile, so I wasn't sure if the group was still active. I will give them a call sometime. I won't be around this weekend for the Pride events, but would be interested in future events.

I like your avatar and it's good to meet another Minnesota VB-er!
#67 Old 07-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I found ONE lonely Dilberitto in my local County Market's natural food frozen case. I bought it. It's the Garlic & Herb flavor. I will be giving it to my husband to try & I'll let you know what he thinks.

(I just looked the ingredients and it has 40% RDA of sodium, yikes! Everything else looks healthy though)
#68 Old 07-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

hey..

..just found this thread..seems kewl..

..i live out in victoria..but the father has a place in chaska i bike to alot..

..go to school in st.paul..transfered there a year ago..

think its kewl theres people from mn here..
#69 Old 07-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Beginner

i am from minnesota too. never seen dilberitos but i am having a hard time finding any of the cool things i like. i found a natural foods store near me in anoka and it has lots of good ice creams the other stores dont so thats cool. i will keep an eye out though
#70 Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Veggie Regular

If you are ever in Minneapolis, check out the Wedge.

They had spiffy vegan options last time I was there.
#71 Old 07-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Qetta and I will be at the Earth Save picnic in St. Paul on Sunday, June 18th. Anyone else going?
#72 Old 07-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverundertone View Post

hey..

..just found this thread..seems kewl..

..i live out in victoria..but the father has a place in chaska i bike to alot..

..go to school in st.paul..transfered there a year ago..

think its kewl theres people from mn here..

Hey, we're totally neighbors. I'm just a little bit west of Waconia. Do you mean you bike from Victoria to Chaska? I'm impressed.
#73 Old 07-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

Qetta and I will be at the Earth Save picnic in St. Paul on Sunday, June 18th. Anyone else going?

I had a really good time at the EarthSave picnic. Lots of good food and interesting people!
#74 Old 07-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

If you are ever in Minneapolis, check out the Wedge.

They had spiffy vegan options last time I was there.

Yes, The Wedge is a great place. Friendly employees, too. I was out leafleting (handing out Why Vegan?'s on my campus) and had an employee from The Wedge come up to me and give me a large bunch of organic bananas to share with my fellow leafleters. I thought it was a super nice gesture
#75 Old 07-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I really enjoyed myself at the EarthSave picnic!! What a great group of interesting people. And the food....mmmmmmm!! Thanks for coming with me qetta!
#76 Old 07-19-2004, 04:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I really enjoyed myself at the EarthSave picnic!! What a great group of interesting people. And the food....mmmmmmm!! Thanks for coming with me qetta!

Aww, back, hon!

Public service announcement: At the EarthSave picnic I met one of the founders of this group: www.defendingfarmanimals.org. They have lots of video from local (MN) slaughterhouses and factory farms. Here is one of their upcoming events:

August 7 - DFA Jam for Animals - 7th annual @ Lake Harriet Bandshell, 5:30 - 7:30 pm.
#77 Old 07-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Check out this new pizza place in Mpls! http://www.citypages.com/databank/25...ticle12318.asp

and their website is www.galacticpizza.com

We should have a gathering there!
#78 Old 07-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Check out this new pizza place in Mpls! http://www.citypages.com/databank/25...ticle12318.asp

and their website is www.galacticpizza.com

We should have a gathering there!

Yum! I agree we should have a gathering there. I can't wait to try it!
#79 Old 08-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Banned

*bump*
#80 Old 08-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Are you in MN, Arti?
#81 Old 08-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Banned

No, someone else was wondering where the Minnesota thread was. LOL
#82 Old 08-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, funny! We're still here.
#83 Old 08-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I went to the Earth Save potluck last night in Minneapolis with my stepdaughter and her friend. It was cool. Dr. T was there from Ecopolitan and he was answering vegan and raw nutritional questions. He also brought along a lovely raw woman (she works at Ecopolitan) and they did a raw food demo which we all got to eat when they were done making it. It was Carob mousse pie and it was delish!

The Twin Cities Earth Save chapter is financial trouble, so I finally joined! I'd love to bring more VBers to the pot lucks. I will post when I find out where/when the next one is.
#84 Old 09-08-2004, 06:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I've joined a vegetarian group from meetup.com and there is a meet up tonight at Galactic Pizza in Mpls at 7. PM me if you think you can make it! I'm working on securing a sitter.
#85 Old 09-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've joined a vegetarian group from meetup.com and there is a meet up tonight at Galactic Pizza in Mpls at 7. PM me if you think you can make it! I'm working on securing a sitter.

SallyK - How was it?!
#86 Old 09-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

It was awesome! And we're doing it again. I hope to see more vegetarians and vegans there this time! Galactic Pizza is a great place to do this because their vegan pizza is really yummy, the atmosphere is great, and it's easy to get to.

The organizer of the Mpls group and I have agreed to merge our groups for the next meetup in October. You can click here for the St. Paul group or click here for the Mpls group. You can also PM me for more information.
#87 Old 09-17-2004, 06:02 AM

There's a really awesome resturaunt that has two locations, one in Minneapolis and one in St. Paul. It's called Pizza Luce's, it's not entirely vegan/vegetarian, but they have a bunch of options-a really, really good soy cheese pizza. It's definately worth checking out!!
#88 Old 09-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I was just at Pizza Luce last night - the Lyndale location. I've also been to the warehouse district location.

I had: Special Spicy Mock Sausage Hoagie* (Vegan)

your choice of bread, brushed in olive oil instead of butter, spicy mock duck bathed in

tangy red sauce, topped with onion, tomatoes and our very own 100% dairy free

rinotta uncheese (*contains nuts), served hot

And vegan banana cake with chocolate frosting!!!

Their website is www.pizzaluce.com

#89 Old 09-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Mmm. I love Pizza Luce. They have one in Duluth now as well.
#90 Old 09-17-2004, 02:25 PM

That's the one I've been to, the one in Duluth. I love it!! It's soo awesome, the atmosphere and the food. If only there were more places like it!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page