Minnesota - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 06-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

But I am NOT busbound! That's why I'm hounding you with all these questions! If you don't have anyone else to hang out with, then hang out with me! We could go visit Meo maybe (where are you at Meo?). What time do you have to be back at the terminal? (Ah, the bus, I remember it so well!) The falls you say? Minnehaha falls? I haven't been there in YEARS! That would be SO cool! Come on! I wanna play too! (I feel like an overexcited puppy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

LOL That would be unreal Terra! I have to be back at 4:30pm (the bus leaves at 5:30pm). Yeah, the Minnehaha falls, and St Anthony Falls? Anything worth a picture anyway! LOL Don't worry, I feel like an overexcited puppy too! LOL I'd love to play (!!) with you too Terra!
#33 Old 06-06-2003, 12:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok then! I'll PM you my friends' # where I'll be staying! Or I could just meet you in the morning at the bus depot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

It's looking more promising for me to have lunch with you guys Do you have a time nailed down yet?
#35 Old 06-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Not yet. We've got the whole day booked up now starting with a shower and breakfast for Shewolf, a trip to Downtown St. Small to cruise the skyways and check out the capitol, then we'll head to Mpls and do the co-op and lunch. Is there a time that works better for you Sally? I'm figuring around 11:30 or 12ish. But there's no set schedule so....

After lunch we're hitting Minnehaha falls and the Walker/Scupture Gardens (free admission Thursdays! woo hoo!)

If you want, Sally, you can PM me a number where I can get ahold of you that day and I can give you a call before we go. Otherwise, I can give you my friends # where I'll be staying and you can give a call the day before and we'll set a time then. Sound like a plan? Hope to see you then!
#36 Old 06-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

So EXCITED!

Sorry just had to add that... it'd be great if you could join us SallyK!
#37 Old 06-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I have bad news...a veggie friend of mine who lives in Mpls informed me today that Mud Pie closed down

I think we should go to the French Meadow Bakery or the raw food place (can't think of the name off the top of my head) instead...

what do you think?
#38 Old 06-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Really? Bummer deal! Good to know though. Either of those others sound fine. The raw food place would be cool to try. Eh, we got time to figure it out. I leave today!! I'll take a closer look when I get there. (doin' the happy dance!)

Is it Ecopolitan Restaurant?
#39 Old 06-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Meo
Veggie Regular

I'm in Owatonna.

Of course, I don't really think my parents would approve of me meeting with strange (not to say you're strange, but to them you are) women from the internet. Who knows, you could be serial killers who lure girls named Meo into their traps to kill them. Or worse, you could... rob my house! Or you could just be pretending to be veg*n and really be cannibals coming after me!

Not that I believe any of those are true, but you know, they're possibilities.

Have fun on your trips!
#40 Old 06-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Yep, Ecopolitan is the raw foods place.
#41 Old 06-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Let's go there. I'm really interested in trying some raw food dishes. Sally, I'll PM you my friends cell # when I get back from Atlanta and we can figure out a good time for meeting. This is so cool!
#42 Old 06-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

If you're in MPLS on Thursday (the 26th). We will be meeting at Ecopolitan around noon for lunch. Anyone else here that will join us?
#43 Old 06-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Something cute...

> A little girl from Minneapolis came home from Sunday school with a frown on

> > her face. "I'm not going back there anymore," she announced with finality.

> > "I don't like the Bible they keep teaching us." "Why not?" asked her

> > astonished mother. "Because," said the little girl, "that Bible is always talking

> > about St. Paul, and it never once mentions Minneapolis."
#44 Old 06-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm from Minnesota. I'm currently living quite far north.. about an hour from the canadian border.. and an hour from North Dakota.

I'm moving to Minneapolis in August- I'm going to school at the U of M.
#45 Old 08-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey, I'm live in Winona Minnesota about 2 hours from the twin cities. Its a small river town, nice people here though.

I'm new to the forum. I was hesitant about posting a thread "I guess, I just need a friend" but you all seem like very nice helpful people.

Now I'm just taking a look around the forum, seems like a place I will be frequenting in my now lonely spare time.
#46 Old 08-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Sorrow! Welcome to Veggies Boards! I't s great to see other Minnesotans here!! You are going to love Veggie Boards! Have fun reading all the good posts!

Sally
#47 Old 02-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I'd like to try to revive this thread a little if I may!

Meo, have you been to PB Loco in the Mall of America yet?? It's a little eatery that's entirely focused on peanut butter. They also make their very own vegan bars.

Apparently they just opened recently and they are a locally owned store hoping to eventually become a chain.

http://www.pbloco.com/

I hope they have success beyond their wildest dreams!
#48 Old 03-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I'm talking to myself in here

Anyway, the Living Green Expo is coming up at the Minnesota State Fair grounds and I love going. I've gone the past two years and it's really great.

Here's the link:

www.livinggreenexpo.org

It's May 1 & 2 from 10 am to 6 pm.

If anyone is going, let me know!
#49 Old 06-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

I think I'm talking to myself in here

Wait, wait! I'm here. Just found this MN thread today - I'll help revive it. I live west of Chaska, but work in the Hopkins/Minnetonka area.
#50 Old 06-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi qetta! So nice to have you following this thread! Now I won't feel like I'm talking to myself anymore!

Do you have anything to share about your experiences dining/shopping/etc as a veg*n in the Twin Cities area?
#51 Old 06-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello. Is it just the two of us in MN? Can't be.

I don't have a whole lot to share about my veg experiences, really. I've been vegetarian for 13 years and mostly vegan for the last couple of months. I do have to plan my grocery shopping around my work schedule, so I can run to Whole Foods or the Wedge over my lunch break. I don't live near any decent grocery stores. That's one benefit of my commute, I suppose - that it brings me closer to civilization! And I really don't eat out much. My husband is an omni and will barely touch a vegetable, let alone eat one, so we have a hard time finding places to eat out that can accomodate both of our choices.

How about you?
#52 Old 06-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't know...seems like everyone else abandonded this thread! I know there's plenty of vegs in the area...they just don't know about VB yet I guess??

Congrats on transitioning to vegan!

We have been exploring restaurants around town lately and have discovered so many little treasures! Have you been to Cafe Brenda? It's vegetarian fare plus a few fish items, so maybe you and your husband could both find something there!

Sunsets has fabulous pizza and the one near us (in Woodbury) will make a vegan one for me. There's a Sunsets in Wayzeta I hear. Is that close by you?

Green Mill also makes a great vegan pizza, although each store varies. I have the one near me trained in pretty good

I shop at Whole Foods in St. Paul. I've never been to the one in Mpls, is it nice? Big?

The St. Paul store has just been remodeled.

I also do quite a bit of my shopping at Kowalskis. They have a pretty decent selection of natural/veg/organic foods.

How far are you (your work?) from Lakewinds (I think it's in Minnetonka?)? I've always wanted to go there.
#53 Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I love Kowalski's. I used to shop at the one on Grand Ave. whenever I visited my sister in St. Paul. I've never been to the Whole Foods in St. Paul, but I did drive by it the other weekend and it looks nice. I think the Minneapolis one must be bigger. It's really nice and they're so helpful there. I have been to Lakewinds a few times, but didn't really enjoy it. It's a really small store and was just crowded (I only went on Saturdays, so that could be why.) And I mean really crowded. And the aisles were really small so I just got crabby. I would like to someday go back and check out their home store, though. That's a separate store right next door with all natural products for the home.

I never have been to Cafe Brenda, shame on me. I even lived in Minneapolis for 7 years but never made it there. I mostly stuck to Uptown.

What is Sunsets?

My favorite pizza place is still Pizza Luce. Yum, yum, yum. Have you ever eaten at Punch? There's one outside of my yoga studio and it smells so good. I'll have to try it sometime to find out how vegan-friendly they are.

Say - off topic - but do you do makeup consulting with your Arbonne business? I have my sister-in-law's wedding coming up and want to look pretty but the extent of my makeup abilities is throwing on some face powder...
#54 Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Sunsets is a nice restaurant/bar/grill type of place. Similar to a Champps but much nicer IMHO.

Mmmmm, I've been to Pizza Luce once and it was soooooooooooo delicious! I will have to make a point to go back. I've never been to Punch, and never heard of it. What is it?

My two other favs are Pazzaluna in St. Paul and California Cafe in the Mall of America. Both places have made special vegan items just for me I'm always impressed with what they come up with.

Yes, I do makeup consulting. I bring the makeup counter to you. I can help make you look pretty if you'd like!
#55 Old 06-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I will have to check Sunsets out. Wayzata isn't all that close to me, but I'm all for traveling for good food!

Yes - Pazzaluna is wonderful, as is California Kitchen. I also like Luci's in St. Paul. I've not eaten there as a vegan yet, but as a vegetarian, I found that their chefs were always willing to make modifications. California Pizza Kitchen (I think it's at Southdale) also makes terrific vegan pizza. (They have this carmelized onion & pear pizza that is so, so good.)

Punch is a new pizza place. There's one in Eden Prairie, but I think there's one in Highland Park, too. I am going to call the Eden Prairie one for a menu, I think. Tuesday night is our "date" night, so I usually bring food home.

Yes - I would love it if you'd make me pretty! The wedding is on July 10th, so I would need to do it before then. And do you have product available for purchase right away, or would it need to be ordered? I also don't have my dress picked out yet, so I don't know what color I'll be wearing . . .
#56 Old 06-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Mmm, all this talk about food is making me hungry! I tried to see if Punch had a website, but didn't come up with anything but reviews from Star Trib and similar sites. You'll have to let me know if it's any good!

If we got together within the next 2 weeks or so, you'd have plenty of time to pick some things out and have them sent to you. I do keep some things on hand, but not the cosmetics. Ordering is very easy and fast.

What is your eye, hair, and skin color?
#57 Old 06-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh - I am quite excited! Eyes: blue, gray or green. They seem to change, depending on what I wear. Mostly blue, I think. Hair: light to medium dark brown (?). Skin: very pale.

You don't happen to also enjoy shopping and helping people pick out dresses to wear to weddings so they'll look totally great even surrounded by a bunch of their sister-in-law's skinny-minny friends, do you?

I just got a menu faxed from Punch. Pretty cheese- and prosciutto-happy, but it sounds like they could do some great vegan pizzas. They have some good toppings - artichokes, arugula, basil, capers, mushrooms, peppers, ooh - roasted red peppers - yum, sun-dried tomatoes and different kinds olives. I'm definitey getting hungry now and will have to give it a try - probably after my next yoga class.
#58 Old 06-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Hehe...I do enjoy shopping very much! And I know how you are feeling because my husband's sisters (and their friends) are skinny-minnys too. Maybe we should go to Southdale and go to PF Changs or something I would enjoy that.

We should probably discuss this in PMs.

Yum, does Punch have portobello mushrooms too?
#59 Old 06-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm PM-ing you back
#60 Old 06-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I have discovered a couple veggie/animal rights websites/groups that are in the Rochester area. VIGOR (vegetarian information group of Rochester) will even have a vegan food booth at Rochesterfest coming up next week!

http://www.mnraps.org/

http://www.vigr.org/
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page