Anyone live in the Twin Cities? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naturebound

#1 Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM

I moved here this past summer. I've had a hard time establishing new friendships. Just curious if anyone was around and wanted to be friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Impeach the gangster

I'm about 125-miles from TTC, in Wisconsin. Anyway, it's good to know there's someone relatively nearby. Hi neighbor!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3 Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 PM

I'm originally from northern WI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Impeach the gangster

I'm originally from Dallas, TX, but I have roots up here. I was working out of Savage, MN last year. The Cities looked like they might have some interesting culture there. Here's hoping you can find some veggie restaurants, etc. and meet some folks. how did you end up there?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#5 Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Went to college here and ending up coming back in a desperate move to have something happen in my life. I've found lots of veg friendly places; plus, double bonus, my fiance' is originally from here and is very supportive of my vegetarianism.
#6 Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Impeach the gangster

I went out of my way to get out of big cities. I f I lived closer over that way, I'd try to get on to the river on a boat. The Mississippi and St. Croix Rivers are beautiful.

#7 Old 02-02-2012, 07:14 PM

I've from a dinky little town; i like the city SO much better
#8 Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello, I am in the Twin Cities. I work downtown Minneapolis and live in Blaine (northern suburb, about 20 mi. north of downtown). How is everything going for you here?

-Kari, Minnesota mommy, wife and vegetarian. treatyourbodyright.blogspot.com
#9 Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh also, there is a group I belong to online called Twin Cities Vegetarian Meetup. PM me if you would like me to send you the info. They host veg*n get togethers every few months.

-Kari, Minnesota mommy, wife and vegetarian. treatyourbodyright.blogspot.com
#10 Old 10-10-2012, 12:34 PM

I realize this is an old post but it's the first thing that came up when I searched Twin Cities... I'm in the twin cities. I'm in the Minneapolis Vegan and Compassionate Action for Animals meetup groups.

I'm trying to branch out and make some new friends that don't think I'm crazy just because I don't fish/hunt/eat animals.

#11 Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Hello.  I am in the Twin Cities too.  Have attended a Compassionate Action for Animals event.  Would be interested in meetup groups as well. 

#12 Old 02-11-2016, 05:49 PM

Wow no one has replied to this in a long, long time... I live in the 'burbs just on the edge of the cities. I have no vegan friends!
#13 Old 02-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi littlespoon! I live in Duluth, about 150 miles north. There are several huge vegan meetup groups and organizations in the Twin Cities. Are you familiar with Compassionate Action for Animals and the Twin Cities Animal Rights Coalition? Both are awesome vegan organizations! ARC runs Ecopolitan which is an all vegan store and raw vegan restaurant. Compassionate Action for Animals hosts Vegfest Minneapolis and Farm Sanctuary Walk for Farm Animals. There is also a Minneapolis Meetup group for vegans: http://www.meetup.com/vegan-415/

I belong to the Duluth one up here but some members are also from the one in the Twin Cities.

We have a member, Dave in Minneapolis here who lives in Minneapolis too!

Nice to see a Minnesotan! I am originally from Columbus Ohio but have lived in Minnesota in various places since 1993.
Purp likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#14 Old 02-12-2016, 07:41 AM

thanks

Thanks! I did join that group, it's just a matter of being able to get to one of the meetups at some point. I'll look up the other organizations you mentioned!
#15 Old 10-22-2016, 06:40 PM
99% Vegan

I live in the suburbs - Elk River. I only just found this section of Veggie boards. Oops. Me blind. I have many reasons why I can't join the vegan meetup group yet, but hope to in the future. (old Car, my location requires car, food allergies, mom with alzheimers requiring me to be on call to rescue dad. My sister and I make sure one of us can help dad within the hour, if need be.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Allergic99%Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page