4Likes
  • 2 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By Purp

#1 Old 03-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

City Green Market launches all-vegan grocery store in Negaunee

http://up.secondwavemedia.com/featur...een121714.aspx

I am heading to the Marquette area of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for vacation in a few weeks and found out about this place. I talked to the owner via facebook and plan to check it out when I get there. Just thought I would give it a shout out to those from Michigan in case you haven't heard about it yet. I really hope this store can make it! If I lived there I would shop there every day if I had to.
Purp and leedsveg like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I visited City Green Market and was very impressed with this all vegan grocery store! I met and talked to the co owner Jeff Plummer. We was a very nice, upbeat and positive guy and very enthusiastic about his store. There were a lot of gluten free vegan items there and a few hard to find items like vegan DHA/EPA (DEVA brand) and unsweetened SoDelicious Coconut yogurt among other products. My husband even bought vegan horseradish lol. Though the store is not huge by any means, it will be expanding within the next year which is great news! This is one of the very few all vegan grocery stores east of the Mississippi river and in a small town to boot! It is in the U.P. in Negaunee. My husband took these two pics of the store, one with me in it. I am really glad I got to see it in person!

ps. They also have vegan magazines and books for sale there and lots of pamphlets, brochures, leaflets and events happening in the area posted. The owners are part of the group Northern Vegans. There is a small but active vegan community up there, and if they can thrive there, it gives me hope!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32015 Marquette Trip 002.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	7722   Click image for larger version

Name:	32015 Marquette Trip 004.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	7730  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 03-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Veggie Regular

You should show this to River, since she's moving to that area.
Naturebound likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
That's a bit of a hike for me. LOL Options are fairly limited around here. Although, really close by is Discount Health Foods (tiny place, I get Good Stuff Cacao & my veggie-parm there)... and there's Nature's Gift Organic Market 20 minutes away in Midland.

http://dhfoodsinc.com/

http://www.naturesgiftorganicmarket.com/

~ MadamSarcastra

Last edited by MadamSarcastra; 10-28-2015 at 12:42 PM.
#5 Old 10-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

If you ever get up to the U.P. @MadamSarcastra , check it out! It's a great store!

I lived in Ohio my first twenty one years (have now lived in Minnesota 22 years) and my parents had friends that owned cabins up near Traverse City, so we used to drive up there and vacation for a week in the summers. I think we passed through Midland at some point. You aren't too far from two great lakes!

#6 Old 10-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
If you ever get up to the U.P. @MadamSarcastra , check it out! It's a great store!

I lived in Ohio my first twenty one years (have now lived in Minnesota 22 years) and my parents had friends that owned cabins up near Traverse City, so we used to drive up there and vacation for a week in the summers. I think we passed through Midland at some point. You aren't too far from two great lakes!
REALLY?? I'm not too far from two Great Lakes?? In the Great Lake State?!? LOL! Sorry, hon, I felt compelled to get a little snarky there. I have lived here in Michigan for all of my 41 years (with the exception of a few months in So-Cal in my early 20s, which I absolutely loathed).... I've lived many places around the state & have traveled to nearly every corner (the U.P. also, plenty of times), thanks to theatre conferences and band gigs.

Little tidbit.... there is no place in Michigan that is more than six miles away from a body of fresh water. In fact, I live in BAY City. LOL

~ MadamSarcastra
#7 Old 10-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamSarcastra View Post
REALLY?? I'm not too far from two Great Lakes?? In the Great Lake State?!? LOL! Sorry, hon, I felt compelled to get a little snarky there. I have lived here in Michigan for all of my 41 years (with the exception of a few months in So-Cal in my early 20s, which I absolutely loathed).... I've lived many places around the state & have traveled to nearly every corner (the U.P. also, plenty of times), thanks to theatre conferences and band gigs.

Little tidbit.... there is no place in Michigan that is more than six miles away from a body of fresh water. In fact, I live in BAY City. LOL
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like you didn't KNOW you lived so close to two great lakes. I should have worded it differently. Goes off and hides in embarrassment.

#8 Old 10-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like you didn't KNOW you lived so close to two great lakes. I should have worded it differently. Goes off and hides in embarrassment.
C'mon, you're Naturebound!! No hiding! Run wild & free! I, on the other hand, am MadamSarcastra.... and try as I might, I simply could not contain the snark-dragon. LMAO (((hugs for you))) No worries, doll.

~ MadamSarcastra

Last edited by MadamSarcastra; 10-30-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page