VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Michigan (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/88-michigan/)
-   -   Michigan Veggie resturants in Ann Arbor (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/88-michigan/101917-michigan-veggie-resturants-ann-arbor.html)

muzz 08-20-2009 05:57 PM

Are there any? or in Ypsilanti?

fadeaway1289 08-22-2009 06:19 PM

I've heard great things about Seva in Ann Arbor. Earthern Jar is also suppose to be great. It's an Indian restaurant with lots of veg options and everything is clearly labled vegetarian and vegan. I might go up to Ann Arbor sometime this week and I'm debating on which one to check out. You can find more veggie restaurants in Ann Arbor listed on www.happycow.net.

GhostUser 09-01-2009 09:43 PM

I live in Ypsi and go to school in AA. Seva and Earthen Jar are both pretty good. (I eat at EJ twice a week for lunch, in fact.) Red Sea and Blue Nile both have several vegan options, if you like Ethiopian; the former is in Ypsi and is quite cheap, while the latter is in AA and is a bit more upscale/pricey.

My favorite AA restaurant is Madras Masala. The servers are very helpful and the cooks will make just about any vegetarian dish vegan for you. However, it is buffet-only at lunch, so your options will be limited if you go early in the day. The Manchurian Cauliflower is my favorite, but the menu has so many vegan options that I'll probably find something I like even better if I keep going.

If you are willing to drive to Canton, give Lai Thai a shot. Everything is made to order, and very yummy. I LOVE the Thai Basil.

EFritz 09-20-2009 06:46 PM

A2 is legit as hell. I typically get the vegan pizza @ Silvio's Organic Pizza on North U or get some Indian food @ Earthen Jar on S. 5th & Liberty

bobbycoxs 03-24-2010 07:33 AM

I've been a vegan for over 10 years and lived in the Ypsi/Ann Arbor area for a the start. Seva is decent, some years are better than others depending on staff, cooks, etc.. I would get in the car and take a trip to Inn Season Cafe in Royal Oak. Super, super good, been to vegan restaurants in Chicago / Manhattan / Toronto / San Fran / St.Thomas and Inn Season hangs with the best of them...especially the opera cake for dessert.

-bobbycoxs

SaladDay 03-24-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycoxs View Post

I've been a vegan for over 10 years and lived in the Ypsi/Ann Arbor area for a the start. Seva is decent, some years are better than others depending on staff, cooks, etc.. I would get in the car and take a trip to Inn Season Cafe in Royal Oak. Super, super good, been to vegan restaurants in Chicago / Manhattan / Toronto / San Fran / St.Thomas and Inn Season hangs with the best of them...especially the opera cake for dessert.

-bobbycoxs

I actually prefer Seva over the Inn Season Cafe, just because I think Seva has a more variety and is a little bit less pricey. Also, their daily specials are to die for...I've had Seva's Vegan Wellington (AMAZING) and the vegan roasted vegetable pot pie (AMAZING). And their yam fries.... oh my goodness.

But Inn Season is ferociously good too. They even make Follow Your Heart cheese taste good, somehow....

saxyphonist 03-24-2010 11:43 AM

I've only been to Seva once but it was excellent. I should go back. I also second those who have recommended the Earthen Jar and Silvio's.

Chia Shang is a Chinese restaurant which, while not completely veggie, has a very extensive vegetarian menu. They also know what vegan means. It's more out of the way than the other three (which are all downtown) but if you want Chinese food in Ann Arbor it's the way to go.

Also, Big City Small World Bakery has vegan ding dongs! Some other vegan pastries too, I think, but I've never tried anything else there. I mean, who's going to turn down a vegan ding dong?

muzz 05-02-2010 10:33 PM

lol...how sad... i had forgotten that i had even started this thread... computer has been down...

I finally got moved up here... hope to be trying earthen jar here soon.

I did find out that Tio's southwestern cafe knows what vegan is also... one of the local vegan groups meet up there sometimes.

SevenPinkerton 07-14-2010 11:51 AM

I LOVE Seva! I live in East Lansing and there are no all veggie restaurants. I have to drive to Ann Arbor or other nearby city to have more than one choice on a menu. I just went to Seva on Friday, yum!

maggs8507 07-25-2011 08:51 AM

There is now Flat Top Grill on Washtenaw, it's a create your own stir fry place but I like it tons better than Mongolian BBQ. They have tofu but also seitan, quorn, veggie chicken meat and a few others that I can't think of. They will even cook it separate from the meat eaters foods. So yummy!

zirpkatze 11-12-2011 09:43 PM

i spent a weekend in ann arbor in august for a meetup from another forum. we had dinner at this place called jazzy veggie both nights. they use daiya cheese. the food was good and the people were friendly