Massachusetts - Page 5 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#121 Old 04-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey, Bostonians!!!! VeBoCon 2007 is gonna be in Boston this year!! August 10-12.

The official discussion thread can be found HERE

We're gonna need help finding hotels and such, and planning activities for 3 days!

WooHoo!!!

Nec Aspera Terrent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 Old 05-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Erm, I know this thread got moved? But I just wanted to say I'm going to my first demonstration this Thursday. It will be an anti-fur demo on Newbury street, any VBers gonna be there?

Hooray!
#123 Old 06-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

veggie planet in harvard square is by far the best restaurant ever. Their safe and sound pizza (with added romesco sauce.. my secret!) is fantastic, and so is dinner for henry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#124 Old 07-12-2007, 09:37 PM
VOS

Hey guys, I live in Boston and I've been to most of the restaurants mentioned in this thread except for Country Life. I must check it out. They don't seem to have a website can someone tell me a bit more about it and why the hours are weird?

I love to eat at Boloco which is on Mass Ave, across from the Berkeley School of Music. You can have them make you a vegan burrito with organic tofu which will blow your mind. I love that they offer organic tofu. Quite unusual for such a carnivorous city like Boston.

I did a 5 course vegan tasting at Veggie Planet in May that absolutely rocked. I hope they continue to have them. I sat with the owner of the restaurant and he and his wife were fabulous.

Marc
#125 Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOS View Post

Hey guys, I live in Boston and I've been to most of the restaurants mentioned in this thread except for Country Life. I must check it out. They don't seem to have a website can someone tell me a bit more about it and why the hours are weird?

I love to eat at Boloco which is on Mass Ave, across from the Berkeley School of Music. You can have them make you a vegan burrito with organic tofu which will blow your mind. I love that they offer organic tofu. Quite unusual for such a carnivorous city like Boston.

I did a 5 course vegan tasting at Veggie Planet in May that absolutely rocked. I hope they continue to have them. I sat with the owner of the restaurant and he and his wife were fabulous.

Marc

When i started reading this thread, I saw that there was a country life. At that time, I was living in the czech republic and ate at country life every day.... but then i found out that the one in boston closed down awhile ago.. blahhh i'm upset.

also... i go to veggie planet 1-2 times a week.. and have never seen the vegan tasting!? I know they offer special pizzas and soups. oh and try the vegan brownie. it has walnuts on it and is soooo sticky. i dont like sweets but am obsessed with this little treat!
#126 Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey hey, this is a reminder to VBers in and near Boston to plan to meet up with the rest of us for VeBoCon in two weeks. We're thinking of doing a big dinner out on Friday, August 10. PM me to get your name and cell phone number in the list of people to call. We want to see you (and you and you and you) in Boston!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#127 Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm pleased to announce the formation of the Boston Vegan Association, a community-based organization founded to unite local vegans and empower them to contribute toward ending the exploitation of animals by promoting veganism in Boston and the surrounding areas. In pursuit of this mission, the BVA seeks to:
  • Increase vegan options at retail, restaurant and university establishments in the Boston area
  • Leaflet on college campuses and in heavily trafficked public areas
  • Speak to students of all ages about animal concerns
  • Offer vegan food tastings, or "feed-ins"
  • Support and educate new vegans
  • Provide a community for local vegans
  • Educate and train activists in public speaking and other legal and effective activism through a guest speaker series, coaching, mentorship and hands-on approaches
  • Conduct or sponsor movie screenings, followed by Q&A sessions
  • Write letters to educate the media, public and government about animal issues and veganism
  • Occasionally assist with legal animal rescues in the New England area
  • Offer grants supporting the vegan ventures of local activists and entrepreneurs, among other various activities oriented toward promoting and normalizing veganism and animal rights.

Live in the Boston area? Vegan, or going vegan? Visit bostonvegan.org and:
  • Sign up to become a member at the Membership/Donations page (left menu), and receive an organic, sweatshop free BVA t-shirt!
  • Email me at [email protected] as soon as you've become a member so we can get to know each other and get you oriented.
  • If you simply want to support our work, or to contribute above and beyond the membership fee, there are other donation options on the same web page.
  • Register as a user at the site and set up your profile (over in the right menu)

We are gearing up now, so please become a member right away, make use of the site, and sign up for the newsletter. Stay tuned to our calendar for any upcoming activities (including upcoming social events, outreach events, and meetings), read and write Restaurant Reviews, add pictures to the Gallery, browse our Blog, explore our Links, and peruse our FAQs, a great educational tool still in progress.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at [email protected].

I look forward to meeting you!

Eric Prescott

Program director, co-founder

The Boston Vegan Association is a program of the International Humanities Center, a nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
#128 Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmushroom View Post

veggie planet in harvard square is by far the best restaurant ever. Their safe and sound pizza (with added romesco sauce.. my secret!) is fantastic, and so is dinner for henry!

Seriously....Veggie Planet was excellent! I'm really happy we ate there. Of course, we ate at a lot of other good vegan places too.
#129 Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Boston area vegans (and those working on being vegan), BVA Newsletter #3 is live!
#130 Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

There is, like, noooo Boston presence at VB, is there? *sniff*
#131 Old 09-25-2007, 03:37 PM

I'm South of Boston!

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

#132 Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

i'm in boston. there are a couple of us but i don't know how frequently we check this thread ( i check it about twice a year).
#133 Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 AM

Hey whos going to the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival this year?? I am!

Im out in Worcester
#134 Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

not me. it's waaaay too crowded there for me to feel comfortable.

plus i'll be spending half the week canning up some applesauce.
#135 Old 09-29-2007, 10:46 AM

I would love to go! do they have a website that we can look over? i have never been to anything like that before.
#136 Old 09-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Yay someone revived the MA thread!!

There's some sort of AR or Veggie group in Boston holding a Halloween event sometime next month..featuring art by Edward Gorey?? Anyone know anything about it? I just saw the ad, didn't get the name...I'd really love to go!

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#137 Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't wait for October 20th!!! Anyone go to the vegan gourmet dinner at veggie planet tonight? It was a 4 course meal by ami swanson and was pretty much out of this world!
#138 Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

http://bostonist.com/2007/11/06/the_...ssociation.php

Last Saturday, a group of wallflowers, mostly in their twenties, lined the auditorium of Allston's International Community Church (ICC). The event had all the markings of an awkward youth group mixer, from the empty checkerboard floor to the folk singer on stage. But the attendees weren't there to pray. They were there to eat.

It was the Launch Party for the Boston Vegan Association (BVA), and tables sat covered with food donations from members and local businesses. The offerings formed a cornucopia of goodies -- pizza, chili, cupcakes, chocolate peanut butter cups, and cookies -- that pointedly demonstrated that you can pig out even if you don't eat pig (or pig by-products).

For many in BVA, eating vegan is a form of activism. The specifics of the arguments vary, but members share a common belief that raising animals for food is unjust. Opting out of omnivory is a means of protest, which might be enough for some vegans. But BVA has bigger plans.
#139 Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Just wanted to say hey! Im north of boston! Still new to the Veggie but I am loving every new food dish I try! any recommendations?
#140 Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethicschicnow View Post

Just wanted to say hey! Im north of boston! Still new to the Veggie but I am loving every new food dish I try! any recommendations?

I can not say this strongly enough...

Buddha's Delight!!!!!

One in Brookline near Coolidge Corner and one in China town. Outstanding vegan Vietnamese. Lots of unique and incredible dishes, a huge menu. Oh, now I am so jealous I don't live near Boston anymore!
#141 Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Veggie Regular

On Feb. 1st, 2008 a restaurant that is raw + vegan opens in the North End!!!! It's called Grezzo Restaurant and I am so excited.
#142 Old 01-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmushroom View Post

On Feb. 1st, 2008 a restaurant that is raw + vegan opens in the North End!!!! It's called Grezzo Restaurant and I am so excited.

There is a raw restaurant, Organic Garden on Cabot Street in Beverly, MA. Don't know where you live, but it is worth the trip!
#143 Old 02-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Veggie Regular

hey anyone in the Boston area want to meet up and get lunch or something? I imagine there's got to be some good vegetarian restaurants there. My boyfriend has a modeling shoot near by at 1 pm, so anytime after that would be good. I know it's a little last minute, but I figured I would try.
#144 Old 02-23-2008, 09:28 AM

I know this restaurant isn't in the Boston area, but for anyone north of the city like me, Life Alive in Lowell is in amazing place. Not only does it have great food, but they sell body care products, vitamins and organic dry goods. The food is wonderful and they're happy to customize any meal. Their smoothies are especially good, so addicting!
#145 Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to be going to Boston this summer for a conference. The conference is at the convention & exhibition center and my hotel will be close by. I have never been to Boston and I am not familiar with the city at ALL so I have no idea what area of the city this is in. Anyone know of any great veg friendly places near there?
#146 Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Now that each state has its own forum I'll be closing the state threads. Please continue any discussion by starting a new thread in this forum. Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page