Massachusetts - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 02-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been there several times. I recommend the falafel wraps (I always have avocado added), the spring rolls, and the smoothies. It's tasty and nutritious stuff. They seem to pack the 5-6 servings of veggies into one meal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Beginner

awsome...im excited to check it out! I loooove avocado yummy
#63 Old 02-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

i work in MA .... North Attleboro and live in RI. so i'm close to you guys too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 02-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

wow, i haven't been on this site in a very long time. since i was vegan.

but, i recently moved to beantown, and am still vegetarian, but am looking to get back to being vegan again. so, where else would i come? but back to VB.

thanks for mention TJ's. i'm soo excited to try it out!!
#65 Old 02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilhrt2 View Post

wow, i haven't been on this site in a very long time. since i was vegan.

but, i recently moved to beantown, and am still vegetarian, but am looking to get back to being vegan again. so, where else would i come? but back to VB.

thanks for mention TJ's. i'm soo excited to try it out!!

Have you checked out tjs yet???? Im dying to get vegan pizza there! I cant believe that its right next to the grasshopper and I had never noticed it!
#66 Old 05-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstutzma View Post

Sorry to hear that, Lelena. The furthest west I usually go is Worcester, there is a great restaurant/HFS there too. Good luck to you!!!

where??? i live right near worcester...

this is fantastic news.
#67 Old 05-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

i DO go to the shrewsbury Trader Joe's pretty often...

mmmmm I love it.
#68 Old 05-31-2005, 04:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvSpl View Post

where??? i live right near worcester...

this is fantastic news.

Its very close to the worcester palladium. While driving around the area looking for a place to eat, we saw it. Its actually quite good, the food is very good and there are many vegan options. Can't remember what its called though.
#69 Old 05-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Its very close to the worcester palladium. While driving around the area looking for a place to eat, we saw it. Its actually quite good, the food is very good and there are many vegan options. Can't remember what its called though.

i think you're talking about the living earth (lefoods.com)? i practically lived there the past four years...i just graduated from clark university which is about a minute from there. very good store and restaurant as well.
#70 Old 08-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Just thought I'd pop in to say I'm in Peabody for a few days, then heading west to Conway. I'll also be going up to Newburyport and down to Providence, RI. I miss MA now that I live all the freaking way up in Canada. I come down about every other month and I've never seen a vegetarian restaurant or even a big veggie section in the supermarket.
#71 Old 08-05-2005, 08:38 AM

Hi everyone - I just got back from a 4 day visit to Boston. My boyfriend and I researched a lot of vegetarian / veggie-friendly places before going and had a lot of great meals! Here are my thoughts on them:

Milk Street Cafe - not vegetarian, but they did have some veggie friendly options. i had the "Middle Eastern Plate" which was delicious! and my boyfriend had eggplant pannini.

Buddha's Delight - i went there based on the recommendations of people from this board, and i have to say that i loved it. however, i think they had way too many things on the item and my boyfriend and i ended up ordering 2 very different sounding things that looked exactly the same when we got them! but it was still tasty. tofu sushi!!!

TJ's Pizza - we couldn't decide whether we should go here or Grasshopper. I really wanted to go to grasshopper since so many of you guys had said how great it was, but we had just had asian food the night before and how often do you get the chance to eat vegan pizza in a restaurant??? it was awesome - i wish they had a place like this in Pittsburgh (where I live). most vegan cheeses i have eaten have tasted pretty bad when cooked, but this cheese was very good!

Boston Beer Works - ok, so not really that veggie friendly, but we had spinach and artichoke dip. we went here because we like microbreweries - the beer was excellent!

Veggie Planet - i heard a lot of negative things about this place on this site, but i thought it was GREAT. i had the best meal of my trip here - we were there on a sunday afternoon when they were serving brunch and i had homefry tofu scramble. it was seriously awesome... very colorful and filling. i wish i could have this again! my boyfriend had vegan waffles which were also good, but nowhere near as awesome as my dish!

Christopher's - ok, also not all that veggie friendly. our guidebook said that it had a lot of vegetarian and grain-based dishes, but that wasn't really true. my boyfriend got fajitas and i had a veggie burger. the veggie burger came with pesto on it, which i am not a fan of, so i was a little disappointed. but, they had a pretty good beer selection, including Magic Hat from Vermont which we had on a trip a few years ago and haven't been able to find since.

So those were my Boston veggie experiences. all in all, it seems like a really good city to be a vegetarian in!
#72 Old 08-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlinArchinal View Post

Hi everyone - I just got back from a 4 day visit to Boston. My boyfriend and I researched a lot of vegetarian / veggie-friendly places before going and had a lot of great meals! Here are my thoughts on them:

Milk Street Cafe - not vegetarian, but they did have some veggie friendly options. i had the "Middle Eastern Plate" which was delicious! and my boyfriend had eggplant pannini.

Buddha's Delight - i went there based on the recommendations of people from this board, and i have to say that i loved it. however, i think they had way too many things on the item and my boyfriend and i ended up ordering 2 very different sounding things that looked exactly the same when we got them! but it was still tasty. tofu sushi!!!

TJ's Pizza - we couldn't decide whether we should go here or Grasshopper. I really wanted to go to grasshopper since so many of you guys had said how great it was, but we had just had asian food the night before and how often do you get the chance to eat vegan pizza in a restaurant??? it was awesome - i wish they had a place like this in Pittsburgh (where I live). most vegan cheeses i have eaten have tasted pretty bad when cooked, but this cheese was very good!

Boston Beer Works - ok, so not really that veggie friendly, but we had spinach and artichoke dip. we went here because we like microbreweries - the beer was excellent!

Veggie Planet - i heard a lot of negative things about this place on this site, but i thought it was GREAT. i had the best meal of my trip here - we were there on a sunday afternoon when they were serving brunch and i had homefry tofu scramble. it was seriously awesome... very colorful and filling. i wish i could have this again! my boyfriend had vegan waffles which were also good, but nowhere near as awesome as my dish!

Christopher's - ok, also not all that veggie friendly. our guidebook said that it had a lot of vegetarian and grain-based dishes, but that wasn't really true. my boyfriend got fajitas and i had a veggie burger. the veggie burger came with pesto on it, which i am not a fan of, so i was a little disappointed. but, they had a pretty good beer selection, including Magic Hat from Vermont which we had on a trip a few years ago and haven't been able to find since.

So those were my Boston veggie experiences. all in all, it seems like a really good city to be a vegetarian in!

yeah, i've had good experiences at veggie planet too.

christopher's is nice: that's really my neck of the woods, as they say, and i like it. it's an especially nice place to go with an omni. and yeah, i wish they would specify that the veg burger comes with pesto on the menu. overall tho i think they have a significant number of veg dishes, and they are owned by veggies.

glad you enjoyed the city!
#73 Old 08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned

I love Veggie Planet too :-) Their tofu scrambles are awesome, but some of the other things (like granola with fruit and soymilk) are very much lacking and overpriced. I was expecting some nice fruits and i think it came with a few slices of banana (boring!)

I also love TJ's - but its a little pricey and greasy :-) YOu should hit the grasshopper instead of Buddha's delight next time - over 100 vegan things on the menu and they do NOT all taste the same. :-)
#74 Old 08-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Banned

Next time in Boston check out Addis Red Sea - ethiopean food and all the vegetarian dishes are also vegan! :-)
#75 Old 08-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Grasshopper has an all you can eat buffet the third Sunday of every month and I am going this Sunday!! I am not going to eat all weekend so I have plenty of room.
#76 Old 08-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned

What???? Are you serious? I've run into their buffets before but I didn't realize they were scheduled!!!!! (OMG OMG!!)

I went to their buffet once when they had the fund raiser for the tsunami victims. That was amazing. The employees all donated their salaries and tips and the entire cost of the meal ($20 a person) was donated to tsunami relief. It was SOO crowded that they had to sit strangers together just to keep things rolling. You sat for 30 seconds, got up, went to the buffet a couple times, ate fast and got out the door to make room for the next people. They earned a ton of money, it was great!
#77 Old 08-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned

OMG - I just called to confirm and you are RIGHT!!!! And its only $8.95?????????? BE STILL MY HEART!!!
#78 Old 08-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What???? Are you serious? I've run into their buffets before but I didn't realize they were scheduled!!!!! (OMG OMG!!)

I went to their buffet once when they had the fund raiser for the tsunami victims. That was amazing. The employees all donated their salaries and tips and the entire cost of the meal ($20 a person) was donated to tsunami relief. It was SOO crowded that they had to sit strangers together just to keep things rolling. You sat for 30 seconds, got up, went to the buffet a couple times, ate fast and got out the door to make room for the next people. They earned a ton of money, it was great!

i think they are thru the Boston veg society (BVS), which is why they are regularly scheduled.
#79 Old 08-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

So I drove all the way to Boston from Western MA and Grasshopper was closed! I even talked to them a few days ago to confirm that they were doing the buffet! I guess they were renovating their kitchen or some crap. But I made the best of the situation and went next door to TJs for some buffalo fingers and cheesecake. Later for dinner we went to Veggie Planet and I had an awesome vegan ceaser salad and this peanut noodle dish that was just perfect. So the day wasn't a total loss
#80 Old 08-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijahbaby View Post

So I drove all the way to Boston from Western MA and Grasshopper was closed! I even talked to them a few days ago to confirm that they were doing the buffet! I guess they were renovating their kitchen or some crap. But I made the best of the situation and went next door to TJs for some buffalo fingers and cheesecake. Later for dinner we went to Veggie Planet and I had an awesome vegan ceaser salad and this peanut noodle dish that was just perfect. So the day wasn't a total loss

I think that Grasshopper actually had a gas leak or something, whatever was going on in the kitchen was definately NOT planned. At least you got some tasty food at Veggie Planet!
#81 Old 08-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijahbaby View Post

The same thing happened to us, minus the long drive! We were working all day with the buffet at the grasshopper to be the highlight of our day, only to arrive there to find it closed! We also went to TJ's next door instead, I am guessing they got a lot of business that way!! I will forgive them though, because I know it wasn't scheduled - I also had called ahead a couple days before to confirm the buffet :P
#82 Old 09-09-2005, 10:28 AM

Just want to let you all know that on Sept 13 Grasshopper restaurant will be having an all day buffet special for $20.00.All proceeds and tips go to the Humane Society and Louisanna SPCA.
#83 Old 09-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned

Awesome. I'll be there! Thanks!
#84 Old 09-10-2005, 12:09 PM

Here's some more info on the fundraiser. It's from 11 a.m. to 10 pm and the cost is 20.00. Here's a link to some flyers that can be printed out to publicize it http://www.bostonveg.org/KatrinaFlye...inaflyers.html
#85 Old 12-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Beginner

hello all -

I am in the greater boston area, looking for work in animal advocacy, welfare, orgs against factory farming, etc. Does anyone know orgs along the lines of ceaseboston, massprig, etc. that offers such jobs???

I have just thought of looking and where better to find some info???
#86 Old 01-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Banned

My husband and I went to the grasshopper last night and saw a notice on the door saying "FIRE" and a health-code notice that due to the fire that the restaurant is closed. ANyone know about this? I looked in the window and I didn't see any evidence of fire damage, perhaps it was in the kitchen? I called a bit ago to see what happened but no one answered! :-(
#87 Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Veggie Regular

What?!?! That's no good. I'm way put here in Western MA but I do go to Grasshopper as much as I can. Please post when you find out anything new!
#88 Old 01-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Banned

I tried calling yesterday too but finally got them today. There was a small fire in the back, not too serious they said, but that they will not be open yet today, maybe tomorrow but that I should call first. I'm glad that it wasn't too serious!!!
#89 Old 01-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Phew! That's a relief. I was worried it was more serious.
#90 Old 02-10-2006, 06:40 PM

Hey...I'm new here and am trying to reach and to meet more veggies in the Boston area. Perhaps we could have a group event and meet at a veggie restaraunt? Tell me what you guys think.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page